Thursday, January 8, 2015

Freezing Cold - It’s Only a Play - Baby Universe - Saylor Falletta


Thursday==>OK, my loyal and faithful readers and followers ... your favorite blogger knows that it is cold for most of the Eastern Seaboard and all that ... but ... in the name of fair and unbiased reporting he feels that he has an obligation to share with you what is going on in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World ... so ... here is your morning weather report ...

At 8:30am it is sunny, blue skies, puffy clouds and a temperature of==>, with wind chill down to -5º. Yep, that’s right ... -5º. Now folks, that is cold and very very f**king unpleasant.

As a result ... your favorite blogger has no intention of voluntarily leaving the warm and cozy confines of his apartment until it is time for his evening’s entertainment event, a show at a theatre on his block (details below).

So ... we will move on to Billi Pod’s report card on yesterday afternoon’s entertainment event ...

A return visit to the Broadway show ...

IT’S ONLY A PLAY, Terrance McNally’s comedy about cast and creatives awaiting reviews of a show fatefully titled “The Golden Egg.” New cast members Martin Short, Maulik Pancholy and Katie Finneran join the original cast members Matthew Broderick, Stockard Channing, F. Murray Abraham and newcomer Micah Stock==>A.

I found it to be very funny, filled with insider-theater references, well acted and totally enjoyable, just as I did when I saw it in early previews, also giving it an A back then.

Martin Short did an excellent job in creating his own character, without trying to emulate Nathan Lane’s version.

The house appeared to be 99% full and the audience was very much into the show, giving the cast a roaring standing ovation at curtain call.

My discounted TDF ticket was excellent, in the orchestra, row O, seat 17.

Yeah, I left the theater with a big smile on my face which was quickly erased as I braved the freezing weather on the way back to the apartment.

I had nothing scheduled for the evening so I remained in the warm and cozy confines of PHC doing rather boring things and stuff, made tolerable by an evening long apartment walking regimen.

Moving on ...

For this evening I am seeing an Off Broadway show at a theatre on my block ...

7:00==>BABY UNIVERSE - “An original piece of theatre presented with over 30 puppets, a Stephen Hawking inspired robot, animated video projection and a space-age score. It is set in the apocalyptic future, where the angry sun is in its final days - the planets are scorched and the few remaining souls live primarily in bunkers and have resorted to cannibalism. In a race against the clock, scientists are generating baby universes in the hope that one might birth a planet that can support the relocation of the entire population.” (Off Broadway - complimentary ticket)

Yeah, I know ... it sounds pretty weird ... but I was looking for a show in my immediate ‘hood in order to keep my exposure to the freezing elements to a minimum. Actually it will take me longer to get from my apartment on the 41st floor to the lobby than it will take me to get from the lobby to the theater entrance.

It is playing at The Theatre Row Complex on my West 42nd Street block, has a running time of 1:10, without intermission, and only runs through this coming Sunday.

Moving on ... 

I want to share with you another 3rd birthday picture of my darling great-granddaughter SAYLOR FALLETTA, of Elgin, SC ...
OK ... my loyal and faithful readers and followers ... time to post this and then continue working on the entertainment stats for 2014, which are going to be pretty AWESOME, trust me on this, pretty AWESOME!!

STAY WARM EVERYONE!!

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>4.21  miles (or, 9,209 steps)

Total mileage for 2015==>25.15 miles (average 3.59 miles per day)

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: