Sunday, January 11, 2015

Happy Birthday Dian Crystal - Brunch @ The Water Club - Villainous Company


Sunday==>HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my dear friend and theater-buddy DIAN CRYSTAL aka My Lady.

In celebration of this momentous occasion, at 12:45pm today Marty Kosarik aka Whatever and I are treating My Lady to brunch at the trendy The Water Club restaurant, located on the far Eastside, on the East River to be exact.

Yeah ... I know ... about as far East of my apartment as you can get ... but ... it has warmed up ... I mean ... it is a balmy 24ยบ at 9:00am ... so ... no problem ... right ... and ...

Of course, all of this assumes they will let us in even though we allegedly have reservations (according to Whatever).

So ... we have to get this posting done so your favorite blogger can shower, shave, dress properly (“Business Casual - jackets are preferred”), layer and then head across town via subway and walking.

Moving on ... 

We will now have Billi Pod’s report card on last night’s entertainment event ...

The Off Broadway show ...

VILLAINOUS COMPANY, when Claire returns from an afternoon of shopping, she discovers that one of her packages is missing. Before long, larceny and trickery abound when three women are drawn into a scintillating and suspenseful game of cat and mouse==>B+

The acting is excellent and the story line is totally involving. It has many many seen and unforeseen twists. I really can’t say more without running the risk of revealing too much. If you see the show you will certainly understand what I mean.

The house was almost full and everyone seemed to be really involved in the plot and the ever evolving characters.

Billi Pod says==>see this show.

It is playing at The Theatre Row Complex on my West 42nd Street block, has a running time of 1:30, including intermission, and runs through January 31st.

Moving on ...

When Dian, Marty and I finish our brunch I will come back to the warm and cozy confines of PHC, thaw out, and then spend the rest of the afternoon and early evening watching pro-football ... 

1:05pm==>Cowboys (13-4) @ Packers (12-4) carried on FOX. Green Bay is favored by 6-points.

4:40pm==>Colts (12-5) @ Broncos (12-4) carried on CBS. Denver is favored by 7-points.

Even though yesterday was very cold I was able to record a really good walking day because (1) I had to make a trip down to the Chelsea area; and, (2) I made myself do my usual apartment walking program while watching the Ravens/Patriots & the Panthers/Seahawks games. Yeah==>5.07 miles. Not bad!!

HAVE A GREAT REST OF THE WEEKEND EVERYONE!!!

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>5.07  miles (or, 11,083 steps)

Total mileage for 2015==>38.02 miles (average 3.80 miles per day)

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: