Sunday, December 29, 2013

Yesterday==>Errands, Stuff & College Football


Sunday==>Well, my loyal and faithful readers and followers out there in wastelands, hinterlands and boondocks, your favorite blogger has to report that it is a rather bleak and dismal day here in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World.

At 12:30pm it is dark gray and lightly raining. The temperature is 42º with the projected high for the day to be 46º. It is forecast to rain until the early evening.

Well ... ain’t nothing I can do about it, is there?

Yesterday, my first full day back in The Big Apple, was a major get-things-done day, which was totally boring, of course. The good news is that there is almost nothing left to do for Monday, my usual errands and stuff day.

Stiles Farmers Market, around the corner on my block, where I bought the majority of my fruit and veggies, is now officially closed and that is a major bummer. 

The store manager told me that they are in major negotiations for a space only a half block further south, and that would be great.

Moving on ...

As I had posted yesterday, I had planned to catch a movie, Will Ferrell’s ANCHOR MAN 2: The Legend Continues ... well ... that didn’t happen because after doing all of my errands and chores your favorite blogger turned into a total college football couch potato, watching teams I could care less about playing in bottom-tier bowl games.

OK ... OK ... I admit it ... I am basically a college football junkie and I don’t care who is playing or whatever ... OK ... there ... it’s now totally out in the open.

Thankfully, I don’t feel the same way about pro-football and have no identification at all with the two local teams, The Giants and The Jets.

Nothing of any interest has shown up on my ticket services ... so ... my entertainment event for today/tonight will be ... tada ... ANCHOR MAN 2: The Legend Continues.

In closing, I want to share with you loyal and faithful readers and followers something that came off the internet ... 45 LIFE LESSONS, WRITTEN BY A 90 YEAR OLD ... the first 10 are:

1. Life isn’t fair, but it’s still good.

2. When in doubt, just take the next small step.

3. Life is too short not to enjoy it.

4. Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends and family will.

5. Don’t buy stuff you don’t need.

6. You don’t have to win every argument. Stay true to yourself.

7. Cry with someone. It’s more healing than crying alone.

8. It’s OK to get angry with God. He can take it.

9. Save for things that matter.

10. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.

Will post some more tomorrow.

Oh, if you haven’t read it yet ... be sure to read my posting about my soulmate Rosemary Barkett ...


Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>1.96 miles (or, 4,302 steps)

Total mileage since 1/1/13==>1,360.46 miles (average 3.76 miles per day)

GO GATORS!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”


No comments: