Saturday, December 21, 2013

We Scored Tickets For The Taping Of REGULAR SINGING


Saturday==>Wow! What a change in the weather up here in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World. Yes ... at 11:30am it is a balmy and bright 56º and tomorrow’s high temperature is forecast to be 66º. Now, this is just the kind of “Winter” that Billi Pod loves.

And ... today, Saturday, is the Winter Solstice 2013, the shortest daylight period and the longest night of the year. Up here sunset will occur at 4:30pm.

Moving on ...

I am happy to report to you loyal and faithful readers and followers that yesterday your favorite blogger, under the supervision of Dian Crystal aka My Lady, was able to score a ticket to the taping of the acclaimed and recently closed Off Broadway drama REGULAR SINGING at the Public Theatre downtown in The Lower Eastside.

I got to the theatre at 12:15pm. The show was scheduled to start around 2:00pm. We had standby tickets.

I won’t bore you with all of the hoops we had to jump through before we were actually able to enter the theatre. Suffice it to say that the Public Theatre staff had done a woefully inadequate job in planning how to handle everything.

Under Dian’s direction I was able to score an excellent seat in the center section, 3rd row, right next to one of the cameras. It was the best seat I had for the 4 show series. Thank you, My Lady!!

Now about the show ... REGULAR SINGING, the final death-haunted chapter in the touching tetralogy involving the liberal Apple family in upstate New York on the 50th anniversary of the assassination of JFK==>B+

The acting was excellent but the story line, dealing with death and old-age, was kinda depressing to me. Sorry, but that is just how I felt when the show was over.

As with the other 3 shows in the series, I have a quibble about the staging that has actors delivering major dialogue with their backs to at least 1/3 of the audience.

But ... the bottom line is that I am glad that I finally got a chance to see the show.

It was about 4:30pm when I got back to the warm and cozy confines of PHC. Nothing of any major interest showed up on my ticket services so your favorite blogger opted to stay in ... and ... gasp ... watch TV.

Now ... now ... calm down out there in cyberspace ... there was a purpose for your favorite blogger to stay in on a Friday night here in The Big Apple ... and ... here it is ...

As you know, ANCHORMAN 2: The Legend Continues, starring Will Farrell, just opened and this will be, of course, a must-see for Billi Pod. 

Well ... last night ... on TBS was the original movie, ANCHORMAN: The Legend of Ron Burgundy, followed by another funny Ferrell movie, BLADES OF GLORY, starring Farrell and Jon Heder. So ... I settled in and watched both movies.

It was a lot of fun, it really was, even with the commercial breaks. I can’t remember when the last time was that I intentionally stayed in to watch a movie on TV.

Anyway ... there you have it my loyal and faithful readers and followers ... now ... let’s move on to today ...

8:00==>MACHINAL - “Inspired by the infamous 1927 murder trial of Ruth Snyder, this gripping drama tracks the life of a desperate young woman destroyed by the world of money, men and machines.” (Broadway - complimentary ticket)

This show is in very early previews. It opens on January 16, 2014, has a running time of 90 minutes, without intermission, is playing at The American Airlines Theatre on West 42nd Street and runs through March 2, 2014.

I have just learned that my theater-buddies Dian Crystal aka My Lady and Marty Kosarik aka Whatever have tickets to the same performance. Nice!!

If you haven’t done so yet ... make sure you check out the reposting of “Condom on the Sleeve” ... 


HAVE A GREAT REST OF THE WEEKEND EVERYONE!!

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>2.73 miles (or, 5,979 steps)

Total mileage since 7/1/13==>577.22 miles (average 3.34 miles per day)

GO GATORS!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: