Saturday, December 28, 2013

Back In The Big Apple



Saturday==>Yes, my loyal and faithful readers and followers, I didn’t post yesterday ... but ... I want to now share with you what I wrote while waiting for my flight back to The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World ...
********************
"Friday==>Good evening to all of my loyal and faithful readers and followers. I say good evening because I am working on this blog posting at 3:30pm at the gate for my flight out of Orlando, in the Sunshine State. I know I won’t post it until I get back to the warm and cozy confines of PHC. 

Yes, I am heading back to The Big Apple, ending a wonderful Christmas time with my son Bill III aka The Bill. As many of you know, we had decided to delay exchanging gifts until Thursday, the 26th, so that more of the family could get together.

So ... late Thursday afternoon we were joined by my oldest grandson, Alex Falletta, aka Army Guy, his wife, Gina, and their darling almost 2-year old daughter, Saylor, and youngest grandson, Chris Falletta aka Topher, and his girlfriend, Ashley Goebel.

Dinner was highlighted by an awesome tenderloin that The Bill prepared. We had tons and tons of food and we all stuffed ourselves.

Before we began eating, as usual, I was asked to say the blessing, and this is what Dad/Granddaddy/Great-granddaddy said:

“My dear heavenly father, as a family, we humbly ask for you to grant us the serenity to accept the things that we cannot change; the courage to change the things that we can; and, the wisdom to know the difference. Amen and Amen.”

When dinner was over and we had cleaned things up a bit we started our gift exchange and, guess what, it seems that Saylor got the majority of the presents. Nice!!

Now ... some pictures ...

Me and Saylor
Saylor and The Bill
Dinner prepared by The Bill
Alex, Saylor and Gina
Alex, me and Chris
Saylor, when everything is almost over.
********************
Well, that was the draft of the posting I made before my flight. It obviously didn’t get posted last night ... so ... let’s bring you loyal and faithful readers and followers up-to-date, with ...

My flight out of Orlando airport left @ 5:30pm, on time. The plane was full and, as might be expected, there were a lot of young kids on board. Unfortunately, a couple of them screamed and cried for the entire trip. Luckily, they were in the rear of the plane and I was in the front.

It was 8:00pm when we arrived at LGA, on time. Since I was carrying-on I didn’t have to worry about baggage claim ... but ... dammit ... I just missed the 8:00pm bus to The Port Authority Bus Terminal. The next one was at 8:30pm. I use the bus whenever I can because it saves a ton of money. A round trip ticket is only $23 vs. about $100.00, round trip, for a cab or a car service.

The downside is that it takes forever to pick up all of the passengers at the various terminals at LGA ... so ... it was 9:45pm when I finally opened the door to PHC.

Yes, I was back home..

Had lots of mail, packages and accumulated papers to sort through. Luckily, I had some stuff in the ‘fridge so my welcome home dinner was a fruit and cheese plate.

In summary==>it was a WONDERFUL time with family and I am personally so grateful to have had this opportunity to be with everyone.

Moving on to today ...

It is a nice morning here in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World. At 11:00am it is 46º, wind chill 41º, with azure blue skies and steady wind of 11 mph.

What about today and tonight I know you are anxiously asking your inner selves? Well, inner selves, at the moment I plan to do the usual end of the month stuff, plus a much-needed trip to The Food Emporium and my favorite pizza place in The Port Authority Bus Terminal.

Then for the evening will probably catch a movie ... thinking about ... ANCHOR MAN 2: The Legend Continues.

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND EVERYONE!!

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>2.82 miles (or, 6,170 steps)

Total mileage since 1/1/13==>1,358.50 miles (average 3.76 miles per day)

GO GATORS!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: