Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Billi Pod Encounters Bitch Lady @ Carnegie Hall


Tuesday==>It is nasty out right now here in The Big Apple. SNOW!! At 8:30am it was 32º, with wind chill down to 26º. It is now 10:30am and it is still snowing but so far no accumulation on the sidewalks and that is good.

The forecast is for continued snow into mid-afternoon and then flurries into the evening. All of this and Winter doesn’t officially arrive for another two weeks. Oh well ...

Let’s move on to Billi Pod’s report card on last night’s entertainment event ...

BOSTON PHILHARMONIC YOUTH ORCHESTRA @ Carnegie Hall, performing works by Verdi, Gandolfi, Ravel and Shostakovich==>EXCELLENT

This talented group of young musicians gave a terrific performance, the highlight being Shostakovich’s extremely difficult Symphony No. 5.

Speaking of “difficult” ... your favorite blogger had a “difficult” experience just before the concert was to begin. What am I talking about I know you are all asking your inner selves? Well, inner selves ... this is what went down ...

My comp. seat was in the very front row of the orchestra section, dead center. I went inside the Hall a bit earlier than usual, found my seat, put my backpack (that had my jacket stuffed inside) on the seat and then went over to the far side aisle to send my usual pre-event texts.

About 15 minutes before the concert was to begin I decided to go back to my seat. When I got there I noticed that a couple of women were having a heated discussion with a really angry looking older women, bitch lady. And ... WTF? ... my backpack was gone. WTF?

One of the women said to bitch lady ... “see, we told you it wasn’t a problem, you shouldn't have made such a fuss.” WTF?

Well, bitch lady had become so upset with the fact that my backpack was on the seat that she had called for Security and insisted that they take it and finally they did.

Bitch lady was just glaring at me.

I decided not to get into an argument with her in front of what was now a packed-house, so I went to an usher, who knew what had happened. He called the House Manager who called Security and they returned my backpack. 

Everyone was very apologetic about what had happened. They said they had taken the backpack just to shut bitch lady up and to avoid a shouting match with her. By this time it was about 5 minutes before the concert was to begin.

Of course there was no way I was going to sit next to bitch lady. They were able to find me an excellent seat in the rear of the house, actually a much better seat than my original one. I noticed that the seats around bitch lady were now empty, too.

When the concert was over the House Manager came back and again apologized and I told him everything was OK.

Only in New York, folks, only in New York.

Despite the incident with bitch lady, I left the auditorium with a big smile on my face because the concert itself had been excellent.

Moving on ...

Today is going to be another entertainment doubleheader for your favorite blogger here in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World ... first ...

2:00==>25th ANNUAL GYPSY OF THE YEAR - “The best singers and dancers in the ensembles of shows, known as ‘gypsies,’ perform original skits, songs and dances in this annual fundraiser for Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS.” (Broadway - discounted TDF ticket)

This is the 25th year for this fundraising event and it is playing at the Minskoff Theatre on West 45th Street. I have seen it several times before and it is always well-performed and highly entertaining.

Then ... for the evening is yet another classical music concert ...

8:00==>ORCHESTRA OF ST. LUKE’S @ Carnegie Hall - The program is:
Mathieu - Concertino No. 2;
Mathieu - Piano Concerto No. 4; and
Mozart - Symphony No. 36 “Linz.” (concert - complimentary ticket)

I have seen this group perform many times and they are highly talented and professional.

OK, my loyal and faithful readers and followers ... time to post this and then get ready to begin my Tuesday doubleheader ...

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>3.01 miles (or, 6,577 steps)

Total mileage since 7/1/13==>542.51 miles (average 3.35 miles per day)

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”







No comments: