Thursday, July 7, 2011

A Rant and Then My Review of The Magdalene

LISTEN UP PEOPLE!!

Before being caught up in the hysteria regarding the verdict in the Casey Anthony case, remember this ...


“The defendant is presumed to be innocent and the burden of proof is on the State to prove the defendant’s guilt beyond and to the exclusion of every reasonable doubt. If the State fails in that burden it is the jury’s sworn duty to return a verdict of not guilty.”


Do you want to change this?


I THINK NOT!!


Now, on to some other things and stuff ... like ...

Billi Pod’s report card on last night’s THE MAGDALENE==>C<==it just didn’t work for me. The musical reimagines the famous biblical prostitute as Jesus’ wife and an Apostle.


I wanted to like it and thought that I would because I like Jesus Christ Superstar and Godspell ... but I didn’t. Not completely certain why I didn’t like it, but I just didn’t ... oh well ...


The cast is excellent, however, especially Lindsie Van Winkle in the role of Mary.


When the show was over I came back to PHC and watched the last innings of the Yankees/Indians game. The Yankees got a so-so performance from the returning Phil Hughes and lost 5-3. They are now tied again with The FuckSox for first place in the AL East.


Jeter got a hit and now needs only 3 more to reach 3,000. Derek ... please do it when Billi Pod is in Yankee Stadium, The House That Greed and Ego Built. Please!!


Billi Pod’s entertainment event for tonight is ... tada ...


7:05==>YANKEES/TAMPA BAY with Bartolo Colon on the mound. Billi Pod has tickets for tonight and Saturday afternoon.

Hot, hazy and humid again today. I guess summer is officially here, finally.


GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!!


Billi Pod

“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: