Friday, July 15, 2011

Billi Pod Warns==>Don’t Piss Off The Theater Gods On High!!

OK, folks ... be warned ... this is going to get graphic.


Yesterday evening, as I was heading down to the Village to pick up my ticket for my 7:30pm show, NO CHILD... at the Barrow Street Theater, the thought hit me ... you know, I would really rather be watching the YANKEES/BLUE JAYS game ... so, Billi Pod pulled a theater-phile no-no ...


What, you are no doubt breathlessly asking? Well ... my loyal and faithful readers ... here goes ... I picked up my ticket, which was only so-so, and then headed back to PHC to watch the game.


I was back at PHC in time for the first pitch and the Yankees went down 1,2,3. The Blue Jays came to bat and ... well ... obviously Billi Pod had pissed-off The Theater Gods On High because what ensued was a disaster beyond description. The Jays scored 8 ... yes ... gasp ... 8 runs in the bottom of the first inning, aided and abetted by loathsome pitching from Bartolo Colon and minor-league defensive play from Eduardo Nunez, filling in for the injured A-Rod.


OFMG! It was one of the worst beginnings to a Yankee game that I have ever witnessed, not joking ... the worst. The Jays scored another run in the bottom of the 2nd, meaning they were leading 9-0 after only two innings. 9-0! Unbelievable!

OMFG!! Could it get any worse? Actually, yes it did. I won’t bore you with the puke-inducing details other than to say that the Wankies, after clawing back to close the gap to 9-7, ended up losing 16-7, the score of a defensive football game.


So ... to the Theater Gods On High ... Billi Pod begs for forgiveness ... he won’t ever do this again ... he swears on the ticket-stub he has from Jeter’s 3,000th hit game ... never ever again. He swears ... never ever again!!!


The evening was saved for Billi Pod when he met up with Gordon and Carole Warner of Tavares, FL, for an after-theater dinner at Joe Allen on Restaurant Row. They had seen THE BOOK OF MORMON and loved it.


As I posted yesterday, they are returning from a wonderful river cruise in Eastern Europe. We had a very nice time.

Well, my loyal and faithful readers, Billi Pod is actually just killing time until tonight’s awesome event ... the PAUL MCCARTNEY sold-out concert at Yankee Stadium, The House That Greed and Ego Built. I will meet up with John Scott Reed after he gets off work. We will catch a bite at Shake Shack on 8th Avenue and then head out to the stadium.


I am certain that security will be mega-tight so will take that into account in our plans. It will be perfect weather for a stadium concert.


So ... the contrite Billi Pod says ...


GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!!


Billi Pod

“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: