Thursday, July 14, 2011

A Big Apple Walking Day & Report Card on TERRITORIES

Billi Pod did a lot of walking yesterday. As previously posted, he had a routine office visit with his heart doc, whose office is just about as far East as you can get in Midtown Manhattan.


When the very brief session was over I headed back to PHC, choosing routes that minimized the hordes of map-carrying tourists. The exception was the area around the Eastern entrance to Central Park, including the Apple Store.


I took my time and did more strolling than my normal ... “get the f**k out of my way asshole, can’t you see I’m more important than you?” ... New York style pace.


Taking into consideration the walking to and from the subway to get to the office I later calculated the total mileage to be 3 miles.


My show for the evening was down in Chelsea. I got there a bit early and just wandered around and then when the show was over I walked back to PHC and again calculated the distances, including the wandering, to be 2.25 miles, meaning ...


Total mileage==>5.25 miles for the day/evening ... not bad for a 77 year old guy ... or as some have said ... an old fart (yeah, you Topher).


But, of course ... I report - you decide.

And speaking of the show, well ...


I found both plays in last night’s TERRITORIES @ Atlantic Theatre Stage 2, to be totally incomprehensible.


That being said ... the evening was saved by stellar acting in both plays.


Yes, I could have left at intermission, as did about 25% of the audience, but I didn’t and that was totally due to the fine acting.


Tonight’s entertainment events are ...


7:30==>NO CHILD... - “An exploration of the New York City public school system, performed by Nilaja Sun, who transforms with rapid-fire precision into the teachers, students, parents administrators, janitors and security guards who inhabit our schools and shape the future of America.” (Off Broadway - complimentary ticket)


This show has gotten very favorable reviews and several of my theatre buddies have urged me to see it.


After the show I will meet up with Gordon and Carole Warner of Tavares, FL, at Joe Allen on Restaurant Row. They are returning from an awesome mid-European river cruise and are seeing THE BOOK OF MORMON.


As many of you loyal and faithful readers know, Gordon was married to my former wife Donna, who passed away four years ago. Over the years I am happy to report that Gordon, Donna and I maintained a very cordial relationship and I am very pleased that Gordon and I still do.

BREAKING NEWS==>Billi Pod is eagerly awaiting Friday. Why, you are no doubt breathlessly asking? Well, tomorrow night John Scott Reed aka Fabson and I will head out to Yankee Stadium, The House That Greed and Ego Built, for the 8:00pm PAUL MCCARTNEY concert.


Have excellent seats. The weather is supposed to be good. AWESOME!!


GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!!


Billi Pod

“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: