Sunday, July 17, 2011

Billi Pod Says==>Beware of THE LEAK!

This going to be a rather brief posting on this hot and humid Sunday afternoon. I have no excuse for the lateness of this missive ... just a small case of sloth, I guess ... my bad ...


So ... let’s start with Billi Pod’s report card on last night’s THE LEAK by Tony Drazan==>90+ minutes of my life totally, and I mean, totally, wasted.


The writer/performer, Tony Drazan, has had a successful career, thus far, as a Hollywood writer/director. But, folks that doesn’t automatically mean you can also act. I just gotta say it - his performance was incredibly bad, not even up to the expectations of a High School acting class.


Yes, I know ... harsh ... but I have to maintain my fair and unbiased reporting responsibilities to you loyal and faithful readers out there in cyberspace.


The stories he was attempting to "tell" were inane, disconnected and about people I could care less about. Yes, I knew it was reported to be a workshop, but, folks ... bad is bad ...


When it was mercifully finally over I felt as if he had taken a leak on me. So ... be warned.


The positive aspect of yesterday was the outstanding game pitched by our ace CC Sabathia against The Toronto Blue Jays. The Yankees won 4-1 and are looking for a good outing this afternoon from Phil Hughes in his second start since coming off the DL.


Billi Pod’s entertainment event for Sunday is ...

1:00==>SPATTER PATTERN: or How I Got Away with It - “A screenwriter becomes entangled in the life of a university professor under investigation for a grisly murder. What begins as self-interest soon gives way to empathy, and a bond between men from seemingly opposite worlds inexorably deepens.” (Off Broadway - complimentary ticket).


This is playing downtown in Chelsea at The Atlantic Theater Company Stage 2 and I have a feeling that it will probably fall into Billi Pod’s “love it or hate it” category. We will see ...


The upcoming week is already booked solid with multiple entertainment events, in fact, from Monday until the end of the month there are only 3 days/nights that are currently open. And, as you loyal and faithful readers know, they will shortly be filled.


This is why Billi Pod loves living in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World.


GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!!


Billi Pod

“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: