Monday, June 29, 2015

Weekend Report - Dinner with Bill - Baseball - Stuff


Monday==>Good afternoon to all of my loyal and faithful readers and followers. I hope that everyone had a great weekend out there in the boondocks, wastelands and hinterlands.

As you know, today being Monday, it is supposed to be your favorite Sunshine State blogger’s errands and chores day ... well ... as I am working on this posting it is raining and kinda nasty out so my chores requiring me to leave my cool and comfortable apartment are on hold.

So ... why don’t we just talk a bit about yesterday ...

As I posted yesterday, early on I had decided to give myself a walking day off and that is what I did even though I have to admit that I kept getting a bit antsy off and on during the day and later in the evening. I adhered to my decision and by the time to crash at the usual 2:00am my body was grateful.

Spent the afternoon in front of my 42” flat screen TV watching baseball. I did walk around the apartment just a bit, between half-innings etc.

The Yankees lost game 4 of their series with the Astros by a score of 3-1 due to lifeless bats and a major defensive miscue by Brett Gardner and Garrett Jones. We split the series 2-2.

Michael Pineda had an excellent outing and he deserved better than having to take the loss.

With the loss the Yankees dropped to 3rd place in the AL East.

Tonight at 10:05pm, out in LA, the Yankees will begin a 3-game series against the Angels.

On the mound for the Yankees (41-35) will be the still struggling CC Sabathia vs. C.J. Wilson (5-6) for the Angels (39-37)

Moving on ... 

The highlight for Sunday was having dinner with my son Bill III aka The Bill at Nelore Churrascaria, a Brazilian steakhouse in downtown Winter Park.

Neither one of us had eaten there before so it was an interesting experience. It is basically an “eat until you can’t eat anymore” format.

After going to the extensive salad bar, servers bring the following to your table: Top Sirloin, Garlic Beef, Bacon Wrapped Filet Mignon, Chicken Leg, Leg of Lamb, Ribeye, Sausage and Bottom Sirloin (and maybe some more that I didn’t write down). You can get as much as you want as often as you want.

We stuffed ourselves and that is putting it mildly. Yes, it is a bit pricey but it is a very worthwhile experience.

So==>it was great being with you Bill

When I got back to the apartment I watched some more baseball and then the movie TED on FXX.

Wow, I had forgotten just how in-your-face profane this movie is. Of course it made me want even more to see the just released/opened TED 2.

OK, my loyal and faithful readers and followers ... the rain has stopped so it is time to head out to the Publix across the street for some restocking.

Oh ... and ... yes ... I did the usual walk and wander session this morning and it felt great.

In closing ... I expect that tomorrow’s posting will be delayed because I have a 2:30pm new-patient appointment with my urologist, Dr. Thomas Cangiano, whose office is in Altamonte Springs. Bill will go with me for this appointment.

GO YANKEES!!

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>1.79  miles (or, 3,920 steps)

Total mileage for the week==>32.01 miles (average 4.57 miles per day)

Total mileage for 2015==>738.36 miles (average 4.14 miles per day)

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: