Friday, June 19, 2015

Weather Report From Winter Park - Dr. Appointment - Baseball - THE FLICK


Friday==>Yesterday was a steamy hot day here in Winter Park with the “feels like” index at 99º for a good part of the day.

And, at 2:00pm today the recorded temperature is 92º but the “feels like” index is at 99º again. Yeah, really unpleasant out, even for a native Floridian.

All of this means that your favorite Sunshine State blogger has been, and will continue to be, limiting leaving the cool and comfortable confines of his new apartment to absolute necessities ... like ...

Yesterday afternoon I had a rather lengthy followup appointment with my new cardiologist, Barton Sickinger. We went over the results of the earlier bloodwork and the results of a battery of tests. Bottom line ... he is very pleased with how everything is going with me heart-wise and recommends that I just keep on doing what I have been doing. Whew!!

I will, of course, continue to have my coumadin (blood thinner) levels monitored every 4 to 6 weeks. My next sit-down appointment with him is now scheduled for December 17th.

I Ubered to and from his office without any problems. I have to admit, however, that when I got back to the apartment I was kinda emotionally drained and not in the mood to write on this blog ... sorry ... but that’s just what happened.

What I did was spend the remainder of the afternoon and then all of the evening in front of my 42” flat screen TV watching baseball ... including ... 

Yankees/Marlins in the final game of the 2-game series from Yankee Stadium, The House That Greed And Ego Built, won by the Yankees 9-4. A-Rod got two hits to bring his career hit total to 2,999.

We still trail the Rays by 1-game in the AL East.

Yep, that basically was yesterday. I did record some really good walking mileage, despite the heat, due to an extended walking session in the early morning and then my usual walk-around regimen during the games==>5.66 miles.

Moving on ...

Well ... my loyal and faithful readers and followers ... today/tonight is going to be more of the same ... baseball ...

First ...
3:00pm==>Gators vs. Virginia at The College World Series from Omaha, Neb. The Gators have to win to stay alive. We lose ... we go home.

Then ...

7:05pm==>Yankees vs. Detroit in the first game of a 3-game series, from The Bronx.

On the mound for the Yankees (36-30) will be Adam Warren (4-4) vs. Alfredo Simon (7-3) for the Tigers (34-32).

Hopefully A-Rod will record hit #3,000 and we can all move on ... so ... 

BTW ... hope you remember that Billi Pod hates Tigers.

Moving on ...

I anticipate that tomorrow’s posting will be delayed because I have a matinee scheduled ...

2:00pm==>THE FLICK - “In a run-down movie theater in central Massachusetts, three underpaid employees mop the floors and attend to one of the last 35 millimeter film projectors in the state. Their tiny battles and not-so-tiny heartbreaks play out in the empty aisles, becoming more gripping than the lackluster, second-run movies on screen.”

This comedy/drama is directed by my friend Kenny Howard, is playing at the Dr. Phillips Performing Arts Center in downtown Orlando, has a running time of 3:00 (gasp), with intermission, and runs through July 12th.

Hopefully, when the show is over, I will get a chance to say hi to Kenny.

I will bus to and from the show so I will leave the apartment a bit early so I can make sure I will get to the show on time.

Now ... in closing ...

To my friends who are members of the Republican Party ... I think this is just the 2016 ticket for your party .... oh yes ...
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND EVERYONE.

GO GATORS!! GO YANKEES!!

Wednesday’s Pedometer mileage==>4.17  miles (or, 9,114 steps)

Thursday’s Pedometer mileage==>5.66 miles (or, 12,379 steps)

Total mileage for 2015==>692.04 miles (average 4.10 miles per day)

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: