Thursday, June 11, 2015

Billi Pod Rants And Raves At Things ‘n Stuff Medically Related - Gisela And Ron - Updates


Thursday==>Yes, I know ... no posting since Monday ... but ... my loyal and faithful readers and followers ... your favorite Sunshine State blogger has several reasons for the delays, mostly having to do with the laborious and often extremely frustrating tasks of getting set up with new doctors here in the Winter Park area.

The amount of paperwork that is now required prior to first appointments is simply mind-boggling. Then there is the frustrating and totally exasperating task of getting my New York doctors to fax my records to my new Winter Park doctors.

Yeah ... from both ends ... if I hear ... “sorry but our fax machine isn’t working” ... one more time I think my head will simply explode. Frankly, I think the “our fax machine isn’t working” is the present day equivalent of ... “my dog ate my homework” ... excuse.

Now ... I have to say that on Wednesday morning I had an excellent first time appointment with my new cardiologist, Barton Sickinger, DO. I Ubered to his office and then walked back to the apartment when the appointment was over (1.8 miles).

After doing some of the usual tests he stated that he was very satisfied with the regimen my New York cardiologist, Fred Feuerbach, had established and that we would remain on it.

He did want to do an Echogram and some followup fasting bloodwork, so I have an appointment with him for next Thursday.

He also recommended a urologist, Thomas G. Cangiano, MD, with Florida Urology Associates. His office is in Altamonte Springs, so Bill III will have to go with me for the initial appointment, which is scheduled for June 30th, the earliest he could see me.

They are mailing me they paperwork to be completed, including their fax number for records from NYC etc.

Now ... while I am talking about frustrations ... how about this ...

As mentioned above, Dr. Sickinger wanted fasting bloodwork to be done prior to our Thursday appointment. They left it up to me to find a place to have it done, but suggested Quest Diagnostics.

Since it was fasting I wanted it to be today, after 10:00am, so I went online, found the closest Quest location, at 324 E. Par Street, just across the line into Orlando, a distance of 1.8 miles from the apartment. Manageable.

I called yesterday afternoon and asked if they took walk-ins and they said yes ... so ... this would be this morning’s project.

Man ... how f**king boring is this ... but ... please stay with me ... please.

I also discovered that their location was “easily” accessible via bus (called Lynx), from the stop right next to my apartment. I had not ridden the bus ... so this would be a good beginning ... 

So ... around 10:00am this morning this starving body got on the #102 bus and in about 15 minutes I was at the Quest office. I have to say that the bus ride was very pleasant and it will be on the top of my list for a lot more research.

Then ... OMG!! ... when I opened the door to the office, the waiting room was jam-packed. The lady at the desk said ... “yes, we do take walk-ins, but your waiting time will be at least 2 hours.” WTF?? Why didn’t they tell me this when I talked with them yesterday?

No way was I going to wait 2 hours.

I opted to walk back to the apartment. The weather was acceptable, overcast and breezy. I wasn't in a good mood, that was for certain.

When I got back to the apartment I was starving ... so I fixed my usual breakfast and read the papers.

Then, to add to my frustration ... when I went online to schedule an appointment for the bloodwork ... their system was down. It still is ... oh well ... 

OK ... enough of the ranting and whining ... let’s move on to something positive ...

Had an excellent time Tuesday evening with my dear friend and former colleague Circuit Judge Gisela Cardonne Ely from Miami, FL, and attorney Ron Hedges from ... gasp ... that plague-ridden province known as New Jersey.

They got a quick peek at my new digs and then we had an excellent dinner at The Cheesecake Factory across the street in Winter Park Village.

We did some much needed/wanted catching up.

So==>Gisela and Ron ... it was great being with you guys and thank you for dinner. Next time it is on me. 

Moving on ...

I am happy to report that I am still doing major walk and wander sessions in my ‘hood including  early evening walks to the post office in downtown Winter Park. The stats since the last posting ...

Monday - 6.55 miles
Tuesday - 6.14 miles
Wednesday - 4.56 miles 

On Billi Pod’s upcoming schedule ... 

Tomorrow night I am seeing a show at the Breakthrough Theatre called: “Whistle A Happy Tune: A Salute to Rodgers and Hammerstein.”

On Sunday Bill III will come over to the apartment and we will have dinner someplace in my immediate ‘hood.

So ... the few of you loyal and faithful readers and followers who are still with me ... thanks for staying with me this far ... hopefully, this work-in-progress will get better over time.

GO YANKEES!!

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>4.56  miles (or, 9,984 steps)

Total mileage for 2015==>652.41 miles (average 4.05 miles per day)

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: