Monday, June 8, 2015

Tony Awards - Walking Stats - The Yankees - Billi Pod’s Upcoming Week


Monday==>Sorry about the delay in today’s posting. For whatever reason everything seems to be taking longer today, beginning with the usual morning walk and wander session and then the beginning of my errands and chores list (remember this is Monday, which is Billi Pod’s errands and chores day) ...

Anyway ... here we are ... so ... let’s get started with ...

Billi Pod’s thoughts and observations on last night’s Tony Awards Ceremony ...

Well, honestly, I found the program, as a whole, to be very lackluster. I was especially disappointed with the emcee duo of Kristin Chenoweth and Alan Cumming. I thought they started off well but then their schtick got old pretty fast.

I also thought that the In Memoriam ceremony left a lot to be desired. For one thing ... it was difficult to read the fast scrolling so-called tributes ... and ... why have a performance at all? Why not just make the presentation with music in the background? ‘jus askin ...

I have no major quibble with any of the winners although my predictions were off this year.

Yeah, I made 9 predictions but only won 5 --

Best Play - The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time;
Best Revival of a Musical - The King and I;
Best Actor in a Leading Role in a Play - Alex Sharp;
Best Actress in a Leading Role in a Musical - Kelli O'Hara; and,
Best Actor in a Featured Role in a Musical - Christian Borle

Was really happy that Alex Sharp won. His was the only acceptance speech that I actually listened to. Yep ... as is Billi Pod’s custom at the Oscars and the Tonys ... I hit the mute button during acceptance speeches.

Moving on ...

In looking back over the past week it is obvious to me that the highlight was my extended walk and wander sessions in and around my Winter Park Village ‘hood. 

These are the AWESOME stats --

Monday - 6.64 miles
Tuesday - 6.55 miles
Wednesday - 5.50 miles
Thursday - 6.60 miles
Friday - 5.48 miles
Saturday - 4.71 miles
Sunday - 5.28 miles

Total mileage for the week==>40.76 miles (average 5.82 miles per day)

Yeah, 5.82 miles per day ain't bad for a 81 year old guy, IMHO.

Now ... moving on to the sports scene ... for you Marty ...

Yesterday afternoon at Yankee Stadium, The House That Greed And Ego Built, the Yankees (32-25) beat the Angels (28-29) 6-2 for our 6th consecutive win and a sweep of the 3-game series.

CC Sabathia won the game even though he gave up back-to-back HRs in the top of the first inning and was ejected from the game at the end of the 6th inning for “arguing with the ump.”

With the win the Yankees remain in first place in the AL East, leading the Rays by 1.5 games.

The Bronx Bombers have today off and then will play the Washington Nationals for a 2-game series, at the Stadium.

Moving on some more ...

Billi Pod’s upcoming week looks like this, so far ...

Tomorrow I am meeting up with my dear friend and former colleague Circuit Judge Gisela Cardonne Ely from Miami, FL, and attorney Ron Hedges from ... gasp ... that plague-ridden province known as New Jersey.

They will come by the apartment for a quick look at my new pad and then we will catch a bite someplace in Winter Park Village. 

Wednesday I am having a “new-patient” appointment with cardiologist Barton Sickinger.

Friday night I have a show at The Breakthrough Theatre.

Will probably catch a movie ... either Entourage or the new Brian Wilson bio-pic Love & Mercy

OK, my loyal and faithful readers and followers ... time to post this and then work some more on my errands and chores list.

GO YANKEES!!

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>5.28  miles (or, 11,554 steps)

Total mileage for the week==>40.76 miles (average 5.82 miles per day)

Total mileage for 2015==>635.16 miles (average 4.02 miles per day)

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: