Sunday, June 28, 2015

A Walking Day Off - The Yankees - Dinner with The Bill


Sunday==>At 11:15am it is raining with very heavy wind, thunder and lightning, something that isn’t that unusual here in the Sunshine State, as depicted in the following ...
Yep ... a lot of truth in that.

I want to begin this posting by admitting to you loyal and faithful readers and followers that your favorite Sunshine State blogger has decided to give himself the day-off walking-wise. Yeah, when I woke up this morning at the usual time by body sent me a pretty strong message that it need some time-off ... so ... I skipped the usual 3-mile morning walk and wander session.

What are my plans for today? Well, actually they are pretty laid back. 

First, I will spend a goodly amount of time just reading the morning papers that I get from the Publix store just across the street from my apartment building ... The New York Times, The New York Post and the pitiful Orlando Sentinel. Will give you the reason(s) I used the word “pitiful” regarding the Sentinel in a later posting.

For the afternoon and early evening I will be in the cool and comfortable confines of my apartment, in front of my 42” flat screen TV, watching baseball. I do, however, expect to do my usual walking program between half-innings and pitching changes.

Then at 8:00pm I will have dinner with my son Bill III aka The Bill at Nelore Churrascaria, a Brazilian steakhouse in Winter Park.

Well, it is noon and the rain has stopped and the sun is out again ... and ... it is hot and muggy.

Moving on to the sports scene ... again ... for you Marty ...

Yesterday afternoon the Yankees beat the Astros, in Houston, 9-6, in the third game of the 4-game series, despite another terrible outing from Masahiro Tanaka, who blew a 6-run lead. We won on a 2-run clutch double by Mark Teixeira in the 8th inning, before a sellout crowd of 41,133.

This afternoon at 2:10pm will be the final game of the series. 

On the mound for the Yankees (41-34) will be Michael Pineda (8-4) coming off his worst outing of the season vs. Collin McHugh (8-3) for the Astros (43-34)

So ... my loyal and faithful readers and followers ... it is chill-out time here in Winter Park ... meaning ...

Oh ... tomorrow will be my 1-month anniversary here in apartment A216 at Paseo at Winter Park Village. My, how time flies when you are having fun ... so ...

HAVE A GREAT REST OF THE WEEKEND EVERYONE!!

GO YANKEES!!

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>4.40  miles (or, 9,624 steps)

Total mileage for 2015==>736.57 miles (average 4.14 miles per day)

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: