Sunday, June 14, 2015

Important Facts To Remember - Car Show - The Gators - The Wankies - Dinner With The Bill


Sunday==>It is a typical June day here in The Sunshine State. At noon it is 90º, with azure blue skies, a few puffy clouds and a light breeze.

Yeah, it’s nice to look at from the windows of my cool and comfortable second floor apartment here in Winter Park.

Your favorite Sunshine State blogger wants to get today’s posting started by sharing with you loyal and faithful readers and followers the following results from a recent in-depth internet research he conducted ...
You are so very welcome.

Moving on ... 

The car show yesterday afternoon in my Winter Park Village was very interesting. As I reported, it was produced by the Corvette Club of Orlando and featured ... tada ... what they called the ultimate sports car, the Corvette.
Each of the cars were in pristine condition and were “protected” by their doting owners. I have no clue what the cars are worth now, other than I am sure it is mega-dollars.

Moving on some more ... 

Last night In The College World Series in Omaha, Neb, my Florida Gators erupted for a CWS record tying 11-run 4th inning to beat the Miami ‘Canes 15-3.

We got off to a very slow start, trailing 2-0, and then ... wham ... bam ... the game was over. The Gators advance to the second round against Virginia on Monday @ 8:00pm.

Thank God I had this game to watch because the Wankies get their butt’s kicked, again, by the Orioles 9-4 as CC Sabathia continued to struggle.

This afternoon at 1:35pm the Wankies (33-28) hope to avoid the sweep. On the mound for the Wankies will be Adam Warren (4-4) vs. Mike Wright (2-1) for the Birds (31-30).

Yeah, I will be watching the game.

This evening my son Bill III aka The Bill will drive the 7.8 miles from his house in Orlando to my apartment and then we will have a “Boy’s Night Out” dinner at an Outback Steakhouse. I will, as usual, start the meal with their awesome fried blooming onions. Really looking forward to this.

In closing==>in tomorrow’s posting I will share with you loyal and faithful readers and followers the details on the 4 shows I have already booked for the upcoming 3-weeks.

HAVE A GREAT REST OF THE WEEKEND!!

GO GATORS!! GO YANKEES!!

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>4.67  miles (or, 10,277 steps)

Total mileage for 2015==>667.83 miles (average 4.07 miles per day)

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: