Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Vandy Wins - The Yankees - Bus Riding - A Mistake


Tuesday==>I am happy to report to my loyal and faithful readers and followers that Lakeland's Carson Fulmer pitched defending national champion Vanderbilt to a 5-1 victory over Virginia in the first game of best-of-three College World Series, from Omaha, Neb.

It was a very exciting game to watch and, of course, I was pulling for Vandy.

For your further information, Carson attended All Saints Academy in Lakeland, FL, and was the No. 8 overall draft pick by the Chicago White Sox. Hopefully, he will make it to the big leagues in timely fashion.

The second game of the series will be tonight at 8:00pm on ESPN.

That was the good news about last night’s baseball. The bad news was the Yankee/Phillies game, won by the Phillies, who have the worst record in MLB, 11-8, as Michael Pineda sucked.

Tonight @ 7:05pm, from Yankee Stadium, The House That Greed And Ego Built, will be game 2 of the 3-game series.

On the mound for the Yankees (38-32) will be the still struggling CC Sabathia (3-7) vs. Sean O’Sullivan (1-5) for the Phillies (25-47).

Moving on ...

Had a nice early morning walk and wander session, logging in 3.25 miles.

After I post this brief posting ... hey ... stop the applause ... even though I am now down in the Sunshine State ... I still know who you are ... where you work ... where you live ... and ... I can still hunt you down and bitch-slap you ... so ... stop it NOW!!

Anyway ... after I post this I plan to spend the afternoon riding several of the bus routes that serve my Winter Park Village 'hood, in my quest to become better informed about the public transportation system.

Yes, public transportation will be a major component of Billi Pod’s lifestyle in the Sunshine State.

Then for the evening will be an AA meeting.

So ... in closing ... in yesterday's posting I made a mistake ... yes ... Billi Pod does, occasionally, make mistakes ... my ticket for I LOVE LUCY LIVE ON STAGE is for Wednesday night rather than tonight, as reported. Sorry ‘bout dat.

GO VANDY!! GO YANKEES!!

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>4.23  miles (or, 9,249 steps)

Total mileage for 2015==>710.58 miles (average 4.11 miles per day)

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: