Monday, June 1, 2015

Dinner With The Haag And The Bill - The Wankies - Home Depot - The Great God Pan - Walking Stats


Monday==>I hope that all of my loyal and faithful readers and followers had an excellent Sunday because your favorite Sunshine State blogger certainly did.

Had an excellent walking and wandering day==>4.03 miles; watched a lot of baseball on my 42” flat screen TV; and, then ... the highlight ...

Dinner with my son William A. Norris, III aka The Bill and our friend Randy Haag aka The Haag. Randy picked me up at the apartment and then we went to The Bill’s house for some much needed/wanted catching up and then a terrific dinner prepared by The Bill ...  grilled steak, corn, baked potato and garlic bread==>AWESOME!!

I think these pics tell it all ...
So==>thank you Bill, and ... Randy, it was great being with you.

When dinner was over Bill drove me back to the apartment, with the rug he had personally cleaned for me in the back of his truck.

Watched some more baseball, did some entertainment planning, located a Home Depot store to get a replacement for my now dead toaster oven, and then crashed at the usual 2:00am.

Yeah ... it was an excellent day.

This morning I was up a bit early. Did a walk and wander session in my immediate ‘hood and I am happy to report that I have found a route that keeps me in the shade 75% of the time and that is outstanding.

Then I Ubered over to the Home Depot store about 2 miles from the apartment. I had originally planned to walk there but at the last minute I opted to Uber instead.

As usual, the Home Depot store is H U G E. A very pleasant greeter directed me back to the appliance section where ... WTF? ... I learned they didn’t have toaster ovens onsite, only online. WTF? I had checked things out online last night ... but ... I guess I missed the small print.

Was pretty pissed off, to tell the truth ... but nothing I could do about it ... so ... 

I Ubered back to the apartment. Oh well ...

After I finish this posting I will get directions to Walmart and Target but probably won’t head out until tomorrow.

Now, moving on ...

On the sports scene ...

Yesterday afternoon the Wankies lost for the 3rd time in the 4-game series with the Athletics, the team with the worst record in the AL. The score was 3-0. With the loss the Wankies dropped back into a tie with the Rays for the lead in the AL East.

Tonight at 10:10pm is the first game of a 3-game series with the Mariners in Seattle. On the mound for the Wankies (26-25) will be Michael Pineda (6-2) vs. Felix Hernandez (8-1) for Seattle (24-26).

You are welcome, Marty ...

For this evening your favorite blogger has a show ...

8:00==>THE GREAT GOD PAN - “In Amy Herzog’s play Jamie’s life in Brooklyn seems fine until a childhood trauma comes to light. Unsettling and deeply compassionate, the play tells what can happen when a hidden truth is released into the world.” (full price $12 ticket)

This drama is playing at The Breakthrough Theatre at 419 W. Fairbanks Avenue, about a mile from my apartment. My friend Larry Stallings is in the cast.

In closing==>thanks for all of the texts, emails, and postings regarding my request for suggestions for a new name for this blog. Please keep them coming for the rest of the week. Then I will make a final decision.

Oh ... I think the walking stats below for the month of May, with all that was going on, are pretty AWESOME!!

GO YANKEES!!

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>4.03  miles (or, 8,833 steps)

Total mileage for the week==>27.85 miles (average 3.98 miles per day)

Total mileage for May==>125.07 miles (average 4.04 miles per day)

Total mileage for 2015==>594.40 miles (average 3.94 miles per day)

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: