Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Tuesday==>Billi Pod Takes The Day Off!!


Well, my loyal and faithful readers and followers ... Billi Pod actually did IT ... he actually gave himself a day-off ... no ... I’m not joking and I am not trying to set you up ... he actually gave himself a day-off from his walking and wandering regimen.

Now calm down ... this was his choice and ... yes ... it was an extremely difficult decision to make on his part because it set off a battle between his desire to get out and walk and wander and his inner self that was saying ... “hey guy, it’s time to give that 78yo body a rest.”

So he did just that ... he didn’t leave the confines of PHC except for a brief 1-block walk to the post office.

And ... guess what? 

Result==>It ain’t gonna happen again for a long long long time!!!! 

I was totally bored and my inner self could hear Mayor Mike asking his minions if there was anything physically/mentally wrong with Billi Pod, The Big Apple’s most well-known online unpaid entertainment guru.

In the evening I found myself in front of the tube watching the Yankees implode yet again as they lost to The Rays 5-2 to drop into a first-place tie with the Orioles.

Folks, the Wankies are 19-25 since July 18, when they held a 10-game lead over the Orioles. Their descent has been ugly, with poor starting pitching, an inability of the bullpen to keep games close, failure to get crucial hits with runners in scoring position and a lineup plagued by injuries and exposing its advanced age.

To add to my misery as a fan==>I got an email from The Yankees reminding me that the deadline for paying for my post season tickets was Thursday. Yeah, that’s right ... as a season ticket holder you have to pay in advance for the post season tickets on the assumption that they will go through the playoffs to the World Series, there to play 7-games. Yeah, I know ...

I held my nose and made the $729.00 payment online. Of course, I will get a refund for tickets not used.

Tonight at 7:05pm is game 3 of the series at that disgrace known as Tropicana Field. 

On the mound for the Wankies will be Hiroki Kuroda (12-10) vs. Matt Moore (10-8) for the Rays. Hopefully we can avoid a sweep.

OK, now let’s move on to more pleasant things ... like Billi Pod’s plans for the day ...

Well, first of all I will do at least a 3-mile walk and wander session in the afternoon, probably somewhere in the Upper Westside.

Then for the evening will probably catch a movie==>THE CAMPAIGN starring Will Farrell. Yeah, I know that it has received tepid reviews but I need a laugh and I really like Will Farrell.

Oh, I did compile the entertainment stats and walking stats for August 2012 and they are both AWESOME. Stay tuned.

Why nothing about the Democratic National Convention some of you loyal and faithful readers and followers are breathlessly asking? Easy ... ‘cause it is just as boring and meaningless as the Republican National Convention.

And ... thanks to everyone for the very positive texts, emails and posts regarding Labor Day’s 10.80 mileage.

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>1.44 miles (or, 3,167 steps)

Total mileage since 7/1/12==>314.31

Mileage remaining until 4/23/13==>764.69

GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: