Saturday, September 29, 2012

RED-HANDED OTTER==>A


It is a kinda gray and gloomy morning here in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World, so let’s get this posting started with something very positive and that is ...

Billi Pod’s report card on last night’s entertainment event ...

RED-HANDED OTTER, about a team of security guards who attempt to comfort a co-worker, Paul, after the death of his cherished pet cat==>A


Very funny, well acted and also thought-provoking. It takes a mighty shot at owners who obsess over their pets. 

It is playing in The West Village at the Cherry Lane Studio Theater and runs through October 6th and Billi Pod recommends it, especially to My Lady, Dian Crystal, who has a “few” cats in her apartment.

When the show was over the weather was OK so I walked back from The West Village to my 42nd Street apartment, a distance of 1.8 miles, while listening to the final innings of the YANKEES/TORONTO game on my ancient Walkman.

The Yankees won 11-4 over the last-place Blue Jays despite a rather shaky outing from Hiroki Kuroda. The Orioles also won so our lead in the AL East remains at 1 game with 5-games left in the regular season.

Folks, the Yankees post season hopes could come down to the final game of the regular season on Wednesday night at Yankee Stadium, The House That Greed And Ego Built, against The Boston FuckSox. How ironic is that?

At 1:05pm this afternoon it will be game 3 of the series in Toronto with Andy Pettitte (5-3) on the mound for The Bronx Bombers vs. Ricky Romero (9-14) for the Blue Jays.

I will try to get in a walk and wander session before and after the game.

Tonight’s entertainment event is a Broadway show in early previews ... 

8:00==>WHO’S AFRAID OF VIRGINIA WOOLF? - “Edward Albee’s legendary play tells the story of George and Martha a verbally and physically abusive couple who invite a younger work colleague and his wife over for an unforgettable night of cocktails and crossfire.” (Broadway - discounted TDF ticket)

Of course, as I theater-nut I have seen numerous productions of Virginia Woolf so ...

This being an Albee play, I am confident that my mindset during the show will be something like this==>I hate Albee; why did I waste my money; what great acting; I hate all of the characters; I hate Albee; man, that was really emotionally involving: and, that was great theater, thank you Master Albee!!!

Anyway ... 

I hope everyone out there in the hinterlands, boondocks and wastelands is having a great weekend.

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>6.02  miles (or, 13,163 steps)

Total mileage since 7/1/12==>468.42

Mileage remaining until 4/23/13==>610.58

GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”



No comments: