Friday, September 7, 2012

My Darling Great-Granddaughter Saylor!!


I want to start this TGIF posting with a couple of recent pictures of my darling great-granddaughter Saylor Falletta, who lives in Elgin, SC, with Mom, Gina, and Dad, Alex aka Army Guy.



Love, hugs and kisses to the three of you from way up here in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World.

Yesterday afternoon, after my routine finger-prick visit to my cardiologist’s office in the far Eastside, I had a nice walk and wander session. Walked on lst Avenue from 61st Street up to 82nd Street, then over to Lexington Avenue and then South down Lex to the subway station at 61st. It was 3+ miles.

It was another overcast afternoon and that was just perfect for me.

Yesterday was the first day of school in Manhattan so during my walk back the sidewalks were crammed, and I mean crammed, with young kids and their parents or nannies.

The total mileage for the roundtrip from the apartment was==>4.85 miles.

My entertainment event for the evening was ...

US, the 21st century American love story that explores how we meet, communicate, have sex and fall in love in the age of technology==>C+

I really wanted to love this more but it has a very confusing story line with unbelievable twists. Frankly, awesome acting keeps it from getting a D.

It runs 90 minutes without intermission. With the above warning it is worth seeing for the acting alone.

OK, my loyal and faithful readers and followers ... what can I say about what is happening in The Yankee Universe???

Nothing positive, that is for certain.

The Wankies imploded yet again, giving up 6 HRs in losing to The Birds 10-6. We came from behind in the top of the 8th to tie it at 6-6 and then our bullpen gives up 3 HRs in the bottom of the inning and we are toast.

We are now tied with the Birds for first place once again and are only 2-games ahead of The Rays.

Tonight is game 2 of the series and it will be Phil Hughes (13-12) on the mound for the Wankies vs. Ei-Yen Chen (12-8) for the Birds.

Buck Showalter has done an amazing job with The Orioles and he gets my vote for “Manager of the Year,” hands down.

Well ... moving on ...

Tonight’s entertainment event is ...

7:30==>STANDBY - The Musical - “Five travelers, haunted by troubled pasts, await the flight of their lives. Their unresolved baggage lands them on standby, where the end of the line is the beginning of a journey to redemption in the afterlife. (Off Broadway - $9.00 TDF ticket)

This show is part of The Fringe Festival Encore Series in which 20 shows from the 120+ original productions are selected for additional performances. 

It is playing down in The Village so after the show I will probably walk back to the apartment while listening to the final innings of the YANKEES/ORIOLES game on my ancient Walkman.

Have a big sports weekend coming up.

Tomorrow it will be ...

3:30==>GATORS vs. TEXAS A&M on ESPN. This will be A&M’s first game as a new member of the SEC. Then ...

7:05==>YANKEES/ORIOLES in game 3 of the 4-game series. 

Unless something really interesting shows up on one of my ticket services it is my intent to spend the day/evening in front of the tube in a couch-potato mode.

Then on Sunday it will be dueling games ...

1:30==>JETS vs. BUFFALO as Timmy Tebow makes his regular season debut. No way would I miss this game, no f-ing way. GO TIMMY!!!

Unfortunately, at about the same time is the YANKEES/ORIOLES game but, trust me on this, I will give the Jets game priority ... unless ... of course ... the Jets are get the crap beat out of them ...

I do, however, have a show scheduled for the evening.

OK, my loyal and faithful readers and followers, I hope that each of you has a great weekend. I will now post this and then do a walk and wander session down in the Union Square area.

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>6.53 miles (or, 14,272 steps)

Total mileage since 7/1/12==>327.99

Mileage remaining until 4/23/13==>751.01

GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: