Monday, September 17, 2012

Billi Pod Says==>IT IS CONFESSION TIME


ALERT!! The following may be disturbing to some of you out there in the boondocks, hinterlands and wastelands. ALERT!!

Yes, my loyal and faithful readers and followers, it is CONFESSION TIME for your favorite blogger ... it is time for Billi Pod to, as “they” say ... own up to a serious theatre transgression.

What am I talking about I know you are all breathlessly asking your inner selves? Well ... take a deep breath ... here it is ...

Yesterday afternoon I had booked a 3:00pm show called MURDER AT THE HOWARD JOHNSON’S with a $9.00 ticket from TDF. In the early afternoon I was in front of the tube watching the YANKEES/RAYS game out at Yankee Stadium, The House That Greed And Ego Built. I also knew that the JETS (with Timmy Tebow)/STEELERS game was scheduled for 4:00pm.

The Yankees game was extremely important to our post season hopes. It was a close game. I was transfixed. As the time for my departure for my theater event grew closer and closer, so did the score in the game grow closer and closer. It was 6-4 Yankees into the top of the 8th inning.

Soooooo ... Billi Pod made the decision to skip the theater event and stay in PHC for the rest of the Yankees game and then the Jets game.

THERE==>I HAVE ADMITTED IT!! Billi Pod chose a sporting event on the TV over a live theater performance already booked.

The decision was made somewhat easier by the fact that I had actually paid for my theater ticket (meaning it was not a comp. tix) through TDF, which is not one of my ticket services. This meant I could opt not show up and not incur the wrath of a service, which could include membership revocation. 

So, my loyal and faithful readers and followers ... there is Billi Pod’s confession. He is contrite and from the depths of his heart and soul he says ...

PLEASE FORGIVE ME THEATRE GODS/GODDESSES!!! P L E A S E!!!

WOW, I feel a whole lot better.

Now about the games ...

The Yankees won 6-4 behind an excellent outing from Hiroki Kuroda and both the long ball and clutch hitting.

 We remain 1-game up on the Orioles in the AL East.

The Yankees have the day off and then begin a 6-game home stand==>Toronto Blue Jays 3 games and Oakland Athletics 3 games.

The JETS/STEELERS game was another matter. They basically got the crap beat out of them in the second half, losing 27-10. Jets QB Mark Sanchez had a terrible game and Timmy Tebow was a non-factor, playing only one brief series.

It was so pitiful that in the 4th quarter I turned off the tube and headed down to Chelsea for a nice 4+ mile walk and wander session.

OK ... moving on ...

Today is Monday and it will be, of course, my usual errands and stuff day. The weather is really nice so I am planning an extended walk and wander session in the Upper Westside in the mid-afternoon.

Tonight’s entertainment event is ... 

7:00==>LIFE ON THE MISSISSIPPI - “A musical adaptation of Mark Twain's memoir chronicling his youthful quest to become a steamboat pilot.” (Off Broadway - $9.00 TDF ticket).

This sounds very interesting, doesn’t it?

Billi Pod is happy to report that he has an AWESOME entertainment week already scheduled ...

Monday -  7:00==>LIFE ON THE MISSISSIPPI

Tuesday - 7:05==>YANKEES/TORONTO @ Yankee Stadium.

Wednesday - 2:00==>HEARTLESS by Sam Shepard, playing at a theater in my ‘hood;

8:00==>IF YOU START A FIRE [BE PREPARED TO BURN], playing at a theater in my ‘hood and directed by my friend Kenny Howard.

Thursday - 7:05==>YANKEES/TORONTO @ Yankee Stadium.

Friday- 7:30==>HAVE I GOT A GIRL FOR YOU, part of the Fringe Festival Encore Series.

Saturday - 1:05==>YANKEES/OAKLAND @ Yankee Stadium;

10:00==>GAY CAMP, part of the Fringe Festival Encore Series.

Sunday - open at the moment.

Will close this posting with my usual walking mileage stats. I am really concentrating on getting in as many miles as I feel comfortable with while the weather is so great. So far everything is working out very well. Keep your fingers crossed for me in the long run (or walk).

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>5.16   miles (or, 11,279 steps)

Mileage for last 7 days==>46.07 (or, 100,755 steps)

Total mileage since 7/1/12==>393.16 

Mileage remaining until 4/23/13==>685.84

GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: