Saturday, September 8, 2012

STANDBY==>A.


I hope each and everyone of my loyal and faithful readers and followers is having a super weekend. Mine is going great so far.

Billi Pod would like to begin this posting with something that his internet research has just discovered. Yes ... he believes this to be true ... what do you think?


Yeah ... it is true, isn’t it?

Anyway ... yesterday was a very good day from both the walk and wander and the entertainment event viewpoint. 

In the early afternoon I did a bit of a neighborhood walk and wander session and then for the evening I went down to The Village early for my evening’s entertainment event and spent about an hour walking and wondering in and around the NYU area of The Village. The weather was excellent. Nice. This all added up to a very productive walking day. Details at the end of the posting, as usual.

My report card on last night’s Fringe Festival Encore show ...

STANDBY - The Musical, about five travelers, haunted by troubled pasts, awaiting the flight of their lives to redemption, in the afterlife==>A

It is extremely well performed and thought-provoking. The 5 characters have all died via suicide and they find themselves in limbo in what appears to be an airport waiting area where St. Peter is the gate agent.

It is basically an opera with very little spoken dialogue. The running time is 80 minutes.

It has remaining performances on: 9/14, 9/20, 9/27 & 9/29 @ The Players Theatre in The Village.

See it if you can. 

When the show was over I was able to listen to the final two innings of the YANKEES/ORIOLES game on my ancient Walkman.

I had decided that I would not walk all the way back to the apartment but I did walk from West 4th Street up to the subway station at 14th Street and 8th Avenue. The final out of the game was reached just as I entered the station entrance.

I am happy to report that the Yankee bats came alive and we beat The Orioles 8-5 behind 3 HRs and decent pitching from Phil Hughes.

We are now back in sole possession of first place in the AL East.

In the name of fair and unbiased reporting I must admit that today Billi Pod will be an unabashed couch-potato. Yes, he will spend the afternoon and evening in front of the tube watching sports ... there ... I’ve admitted it. 

Bring it on Big Apple Entertainment Police ... I ain’t afraid of you ... well ... yes I am ... but a guy has to do what he has to do right ... I mean Gators and Yankees ... right???? Right???  Anyhow ... 

First will be ...

3:30==>GATORS vs. TEXAS A&M on ESPN. This is A&M’s first game as a new member of the SEC. 

I can only hope and pray that coach Muskrat has his team under control and that his offensive coordinator has developed a plan that will bring some life to the game and that coach Muskrat will allow him to implement the plan.

I honestly believe this game will be the indicator of whether we will be a competitive team this year or whether we will revert to the Meh of last year.

The second event is, of course ... 

7:05==>YANKEES/ORIOLES in game 3 of the 4-game series from Camden Yards.

It will be our ace CC Sabathia (13-4) on the mound the Yankees vs. Joe Saunders (1-1) for the Birds.

Of course, we need a win to remain in first place in the AL East.

OK, my loyal and faithful readers and followers, I need to post this and then do an hour ‘hood walk and wander session before the start of the Gator game ... 

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>7.34 miles (or, 16,055 steps)

Total mileage since 7/1/12==>335.33

Mileage remaining until 4/23/13==>743.67

GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: