Sunday, September 2, 2012

METHTACULAR==>B+


I hope that all of my loyal and faithful readers and followers out there in the hinterlands, wastelands and boondocks are having a great weekend because Billi Pod certainly is.

Billi Pod has determined that he will give everyone a break from having to ponder deep things and stuff. Trust me, however, it will only be a short break.

Need to make this a somewhat shorter posting (hold the clapping ... I know who you are and where you are) because I have an afternoon game out at Yankee Stadium, The House That Greed And Ego Built.

So ... let’s get right with it with Billi Pod’s report card on last night’s entertainment event ...

METHTACULAR!, Steven Strafford’s harrowing account of his life as a crystal methamphetamine addict in Chicago==>B+.

I have to admit that I had serious reservations about seeing this show. I mean, how could a musical about drug addiction be funny, right? Well, during the afternoon I discovered that my FaceBook friend John McDaniel was the Music Supervisor and Arranger for the show and that was enough to get me to the theater.

Well, I am happy to report that the show was well-performed, funny, extremely profane and thought-provoking. The writer-performer Steven Strafford is very lucky to be alive.

Yes, it is worth seeing but be warned ... it is very much “in your face” about his addiction and sexual behavior/activities.

Earlier in the afternoon The Yankees won a 4-3 nail-biter over the Orioles to increase our lead over The Birds to 3-games. Our lineup was filled with substitute players and they produced.

Then, later in the afternoon I was still in front of the tube to witness an excruciatingly painful 27-14 Gator win over Bowling Green High School

Yes ... yes ... I know ... a win is a win ... but folks ... the Gators looked confused and totally undisciplined. Where was the offense? I predict that it is gonna be a painful season for Coach Muskrat.

Today’s entertainment events are ...

1:05==>YANKEES/ORIOLES at Yankee Stadium, The House That Greed Ego Built, for game 3 of the series.

On the mound for The Bronx Bombers will be Phil Hughes (13-11) vs. Chris Tillman (7-2) for the Orioles, in another “must-win” game.

The weather report is for cloudy skies and high humidity.

Then for the evening is ... 

8:00==>TRACES - “Follows a group of friends who leave their mark in a run-down warehouse through acrobatics, music, and dance, fusing the traditions of circus with the energy of street performance.” (Off Broadway - complimentary ticket)

I saw this show just after it opened about a year ago and loved it. It is closing soon so I am happy that I am getting a chance to see it again.

It is playing down in the Union Square area so after the show I will walk back to the apartment.

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>5.35 miles (or, 11,690 steps)

Total mileage since 7/1/12==>295.34

Mileage remaining until 4/23/13==>783.66

GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: