Tuesday, September 4, 2012

OMFG!!==>10.80 Miles!!


Good afternoon everyone out there in the morass known as cyberspace. I hope each one of my loyal and faithful readers and followers had an awesome Labor Day, because, trust me on this ... Billi Pod certainly did.


Yes ... that is correct, yesterday I logged in 10.80 miles on my WeightWatchers Pedometer ... a record high.

It all started at 11:23am when I left 420 W. 42nd Street and took the subway down to 14th Street. There I met up with My Lady, Dian Crystal, to begin the downtown walk and wander adventure that she had planned.

We headed South basically along the West Side Highway on our way down to Battery Park and The Financial District, stopping along the way to check out anything that piqued our interest and to take tons and tons of pictures.

Of course there is a lot of construction going on, including The World Trade Center.








When we got to Battery Park we walked and wandered through it and into The Financial District, again checking out anything that either of us found to be interesting.

Starting at 1:00pm I began listening to the YANKEES/RAYS game on my ancient Walkman. My Lady had previously given me permission. More about the game later in the posting.

We worked our way East through the Financial District and then began walking North basically along the F.D.R. Drive until we reached Pike Street. Then we turned West and began more wandering through The Lower Eastside, in basically the area where Dian grew up. We even walked past her former High School.

Now in the name of fair and unbiased reporting Billi Pod must share with you loyal and faithful readers and followers that there was a hidden motive for My Lady directing us to this part of the Lower Eastside.

Yes ... she was determined that she was going to purchase some pickles from a particular store.  Yes ... that’s right ... pickles ... at a place that she has been buying pickles from since her childhood.

When I humbly suggested that most grocery stores sold pickles she verbally attacked me and that is putting it mildly. Well, to make a long story shorter ... when we finally arrived at “the place” it was ... tada ... closed. She insisted, however, that I have my picture taken ... so this is it ... 






Anyway ... moving on ... around 5:00 we both began to get hungry so we ended the planned part of her/our walk and wander adventure by having an early meal at the Ethiopian restaurant, Awash, on 6th Street, between lst and 2nd Avenues.

Man, did it feel nice to have this break. The food was good but, honestly, not as good as what we are served at Meske in my Hell’s Kitchen ‘hood.

When we finished we walked up to 8th Street where we parted. Dian walked back to her apartment in The Gramercy Park area and I took the subway back to PHC.

Thank You My Lady for letting me participate in your Walk and Wander Adventure.

It was 6:57pm when I opened the door to PHC. Man, I was tired but really charged about this adventure.

The Pedometer mileage for the adventure was==>10.22 miles or, 22,330 steps.

The total mileage for the day was==>10.80 miles or, 23,599 steps.

When I finally crashed at the usual 2:00am I was tired but very happy.

Yep, not bad for a 78yo guy, but then ... it is up to you loyal and faithful readers and followers because ...

I report and you decide.

I am also happy to report that when I woke up at 8:00am this morning I felt great, no pain, stiffness or anything.

But ... and a huge but for the current mindset of Billi Pod ... it is my “intention” to give myself a day-off from my walking regimen. I have said this but ... I can feel the inner urge to get out and about welling up inside me as I work on this posting at 1:00pm. We will just have to wait and see how things work out.

OK ... now let’s move on to something that is anything but pleasant ... and that is ...

The downward spiral of The Bronx Bombers, who lost 4-3 yesterday afternoon to The Rays, cutting our lead over The Orioles to only 1-game. Our ace CC Sabathia just didn’t have it.

A-Rod was back in the lineup as the DH and he went 1-4.

Remember that I posted about 10 days ago that I had a bad feeling about the remainder of the season. Well folks ... that feeling is proving to be correct, isn’t it?

Tonight is game 2 of the 3-game series at that disgrace known as Tropicana Field and it will be Freddy Garcia (7-5) on the mound for The Yankees vs. Alex Cobb (8-8) for The Rays.

My plans are to stay in this evening and watch the game on TV.

I will also work of the entertainment stats for August 2012.

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>10.80 miles (or, 23,599 steps)

Mileage on Dian Crystal’s Walking Adventure==>10.22 miles

Total mileage since 7/1/12==>312.87

Mileage remaining until
4/23/13==>766.13

GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”



No comments: