Saturday, September 1, 2012

Friday==>Good and Bad


OK my loyal and faithful readers and followers, let’s start this weekend posting with something that Billi Pod discovered in his internet research that goes a long way to explaining the success of Steve Jobs and his Apple products ...



What a business model!! No wonder Apple has been so successful.

Had a great time yesterday with John Scott Reed and his buddy Bernard Lam. They came up to 420 W. 42nd Street on Bernard’s Harley and I showed Bernard the views from PHC.

Then we went over to an outstanding BBQ restaurant called Daisy May’s BBQ located at the corner of 11th Avenue and 46th Street in my Hell’s Kitchen ‘hood. This place is the very definition of “no-frills” but the food is AWESOME!!

It was great being with you guys.

Remember, Bernard, you agreed to take Billi Pod for a ride on your Harley.

When we split I did just a bit of walking and wandering. On the way back to PHC I was walking East of 42nd Street. Between 10th and 11th Avenue there is a Police Precinct with reserved parking on the street for the police etc.

I don’t know how this caught my eye but it did and I thought I would share it will you ...






Yes!!!
 As I had planned, I headed out to Yankee Stadium, The House That Greed And Ego Built, a bit early for my 7:05 game. The weather was great and it was my intent to do some more walking and wandering in ‘da Bronx, which I did.

Man, when you get about 4 blocks away from the stadium area it is as if you had landed in another part of the World, where English is the second language. Now don’t get me wrong, I am not being snide or disparaging ... all I am doing is commenting, in a positive way, on the tremendous diversity in New York City, The Greatest City In The World.

When I got settled in my seat in the stadium the moon had begun to rise. It was what they call a “Blue Moon.” As it was rising above the stadium it formed a perfect dot to the “i” in the word stadium ...

Really nice!!

Well, my loyal and faithful readers and followers, that was the only nice thing that happened at the stadium for the remainder of the night.

Yes, The Wankies sucked!!! We lost to the second-place Orioles 6-1 as our offense continued its downward spiral. We got only 5 hits, striking out 12 times and had 0 hits with runners in scoring position.

With this loss our lead over the Orioles shrunk to 2-games, yes 2-games. Folks, on July 18th we lead them by 10-games. 

Guys==>what the F**K is going on? This is beginning to look just like the catastrophic collapse by the Boston FuckSox last year.

The fans are beginning to get really restless and with good reason.

This afternoon @ 1:05pm is game 2 of the 3-game series. On the mound for The Wankies will be David Phelps (3-4) vs. Wei-Yen Chen (12-7) for The Birds.

I will be in front of the tube for this game and then at 3:30 it will be ...

FLORIDA GATORS vs. BOWLING GREEN HIGH SCHOOL, on ESPN.

Yes, the Gators are maintaining their tradition of opening the season with the weakest team they can entice into signing a financially lucrative contract to get the crap beat out of them on national TV.

At this point all I can say about the upcoming season is that Coach Muskrat had better field a better offensive team and win some crucial games, or he and his staff are toast when the season ends. Remember where you heard it first.


 My entertainment event for the evening is something really weird sounding ... 

8:00==>METHTACULAR! “Steven Strafford’s hilarious and harrowing account of his life as a crystal methamphetamine addict in Chicago. Told with humor, grace, panache and perhaps most importantly, with honesty and without fear.” (Off Broadway - complimentary ticket)

I have no clue why I booked this show. How can being a meth addict be funny? I lost a dear friend to meth addiction. Why did I book this show?

I am seriously considering just ditching the show (probably to incur the wrath of my ticket service) and staying in front of the tube to watch the 8:00 ALABAMA/MICHIGAN game on ABC.

Time to do just a bit of walking and wandering ... so ...

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND EVERYONE!!

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>5.80 miles (or, 12,858 steps)

Total mileage since 7/1/12==>289.99

Mileage remaining until 4/23/13==>789.01

GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”


No comments: