Sunday, September 16, 2012

Saturday==>Awesome Sports Day



Yes, my loyal and faithful readers and followers, yesterday was a totally awesome sports day for Billi Pod ... starting with ...

YANKEES/RAYS @ Yankee Stadium, The House That Greed And Ego Built, @ 4:05pm. 

I went to the stadium early so I could have another walk and wander session in ‘da Bronx. The weather was balmy and breezy.

Our starter was Ivan Nova, in his first start since coming off the DL with inflammation in his right rotator cuff. He went 6 innings giving up 2 runs on 4 hits and striking out 8. It was just the outing that we needed.

The Yankees won 5-3 with both the long-ball and crucial hits with runners in scoring position.

With the win and the Orioles loss last night to Oakland we are now 1-game up on the Orioles and 4-up on the Rays.

This afternoon is the final game of the series and of the season against the Rays and it will be Hiroki Kuroda (13-10) for the Bronx Bombers vs. Matt Moore (10-10) for the Rays.

During the last innings of the Yankees game I started trying to keep up with the GATORS/VOLS game, which began at 6:00pm, on my iPhone ESPN app. My grandson Chris Falletta also gave me text updates.

I finally made it back to PHC at the beginning of the second half. The Gators were losing 14-10 before a sellout crowd of almost 103,000 at Neyland Stadium.

I don’t know what Coach Muskrat and his staff said to the team at halftime but whatever it was, it worked big time. In the second half our defense virtually shutdown the Vols offense while our offense scored the final 24 points unanswered and we won 37-20.

After the game I began wondering if our quarterback Jeff Driskel might be the new Timmy  Tebow. Hummmmmmmm ... time will tell.

Next week it will be the Kentucky Wildcats at The Swamp. Unfortunately, it will not be nationally televised.

I concluded this awesome sports day by watching the Athletics/Orioles game, won by the Athletics 5-2, to give the Yankees their 1-game lead in the AL East.

OK, I know, I know ... way too much sports stuff ... but this is how Billi Pod’s day went down and in the name of fair and unbiased reporting he has an obligation to report it to you loyal and faithful readers and followers with all of the details.

Anyway ... moving on ...

Today’s entertainment event is ...

3:00==>MURDER AT THE HOWARD JOHNSON’S - “Set at a Howard Johnson Motor Inn in 1979, a dentist with desire to become a dashing hero conspires with a woman to murder her used car salesman-husband.” (Off Broadway - $9.00 TDF ticket)

This is playing at a theater on my block.

When the show is over I intend to do an extensive walk and wander session in the Upper Westside.

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>4.68  miles (or, 10,225 steps)

Total mileage since 7/1/12==>388.00 

Mileage remaining until 4/23/13==>691.00

GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: