Sunday, September 23, 2012

OMFG!!==>Saturday’s Doubleheader Was Incredible!!


Good afternoon all of my loyal and faithful readers and followers.

OMFG!! What an awesome day Saturday was for Billi Pod here in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World, so let’s get right to the details ...

First was the YANKEES/OAKLAND game at Yankee Stadium, The House That Greed And Ego Built.

Our starter Ivan Nova just didn’t have it and that does not bode well for him for the post-season. The game went back and forth with both teams squandering opportunities to put the game away.

The game was tied 5-5 and went into extra innings. The scoreboard showed that The Orioles had defeated the FuckSox, so a win for us was crucial. Damn, those Birds just won’t go away.

In the top of the 13th inning The Athletics scored 4 runs to take a 9-5 lead and hordes of the remaining fans began streaming out of the stadium. Billi Pod opted to stay, largely because he was engaged in a running banter with a seatmate buddy over who was the biggest Yankee fan and also because his evening’s entertainment event wasn’t until 10:00pm.

Then ... OMFG!! ... The Bronx Bombers bats exploded and we scored 4 runs in the bottom of the 13th to tie the game again. Unbelievable.

In the bottom of the 14th inning we scored the winning run on a fielding error and won 10-9. OMFG!! Unbelievable. I estimate that there were about 5,000 fans still in the stadium.

The game took 5 hours and 43 minutes. It was 7:45 when I got back to the apartment, happy and starving.

During the game I was able to keep track of the GATORS/KENTUCKY game thanks to my iPhone’s ESPN app and frequent text messages from my grandson Chris Falletta aka Topher.

As you know, The Gators kicked butt, winning 38-0 and advancing to a 4-0 record. Nice!!

I headed out to my evening’s entertainment event a bit early so I could do a walk and wander session in The Village. Then it was time for my next event ... 

Billi Pod’s report card on ...

GAY CAMP, about a camp designed to “cure” homosexuality==>A.

This show was gut busting funny, extremely profane and very well acted. As might be expected, the audience was 95% male and 99.9% gay.

It was just a few minutes before midnight when I got back to PHC and I marveled at what a wonderful day it had been for me.

What about today?

Well, I will stay in to watch the 1:05pm YANKEES/OAKLAND game. 

On the mound for the Bronx Bombers will be Hiroki Kuroda (14-10) vs. A.J. Griffin (6-1) for the Athletics.

Then for the evening is ...

7:00==>MODERN TERRORISM: Or They Who Want to Kill Us and How We learn to Love Them - “A provocative satire about a rogue group of 21st Century terrorists and their darkly comic misadventures.” (Off Broadway - complimentary ticket)

This show is playing at a theater in my ‘hood. I have to admit that I have serious misgivings about a “dark” comedy about terrorists.

The weather is great so I will also do some big time walking and wandering. 

HAVE A GREAT REST OF THE WEEKEND EVERYONE!!

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>5.11  miles (or, 13,742 steps)

Total mileage since 7/1/12==>429.82

Mileage remaining until 4/23/13==>649.18

GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”


No comments: