Monday, February 13, 2012

Worker Bees Head Back to Work - Yesterday’s Doubleheader Report ...

It was another bright and cold morning in the Big Apple==>28º @ 8:30am as all of my Worker Bee friends began their lemming-like treks back to their cubicles, offices, wait-stations etc. OK ... guys, gals and whatevers ... your weekend is over ... so get back to work ... and stop the whining ... just get on with it ...


As I am writing this posting it is 2:00pm and the weather has warmed up a bit to 39º but the high is predicted to only reach 40º. I have spent most of the morning and early afternoon doing my usual errands and stuff and, trust me, it is really windy and cold in Hell’s Kitchen.


OK ... enough with the weather ... let’s move on to more important stuff ... like ... Billi Pod’s Sunday doubleheader. I know you loyal and faithful readers out there in the hinterlands and boondocks are dying to know if Sunday’s doubleheader was better than Saturday’s so-so doubleheader.


Well ... Billi Pod is happy to report that Sunday’s doubleheader was totally AWESOME!! So ... let’s begin with the first entertainment event ... which was ...

THE NAVIGATOR, about a man whose GPS starts giving him 100% correct advice on his life-issues and future==>A.


The show was very funny and also thought-provoking once you buy into the concept that maybe being “right” all the time isn’t necessarily everything one imagines or wants it to be. It was very well acted.


The show runs until the end of the month so Billi Pod says==>see it!


The running time for the show was 75 minutes so when it was over I braved the bitter cold and came on back to PHC for my usual fruit and cheese snack and then headed back to the same complex for my second doubleheader event, which was ...


THE THREEPENNY OPERA - “The 1920s Kurt Weill and Bertolt Brecht classic about Mack the Knife==>A.


WOW!! The incredibly talented cast made the 3 hour running time fly by. In today’s times the show is still very politically incorrect so I can only imagine what the reaction was when it originally opened in the mid-1920s.


The house was virtually sold-out and few, if anyone, left at the only intermission. The show runs through Feb. 29th and Billi Pod says==>see it!!


Man, it was freezing cold on the way back home, about a 15 minute walk. Picked up a couple of slices. It was 11:30 when I opened the door to the warm and cozy confines of PHC, thus ending an awesome entertainment doubleheader. I couldn’t have planned it any better.

As I am writing this posting I am also on the phone with Telecharge trying to use my ticket exchange option to see tonight’s performance of RENT at New World Stages. My FaceBook friend Josh Grisetti is over his bout with the flu and has returned to the cast in the lead role of Mark.


Unfortunately there is a communication problem/issue between Telecharge and the New World Stages box office so I am not certain if things are gonna work out for tonight’s show.


If not, then I will head to one of the multiplex movie theaters in the ‘hood to finally see THE DESCENDANTS with George Clooney.


Wow!! The ticket exchange did indeed work out and I will be seeing RENT tonight at 8:00. AWESOME!!


For you new readers ... RENT is - “Returning to NYC after its groundbreaking 12-year Broadway run, RENT, set in NYC's East Village, is a modern take on the classic Puccini opera, La Boheme. It tells the unforgettable story of a group of young artists learning to survive, falling in love, finding their voices and living for today.”


Really charged about finally getting to see Josh and the new cast ...

I want to close this posting by sharing something that I posted almost two years ago about Timmy Tebow. This is verbatim from my posting on April 25, 2010 ...


“Oh, and congratulations to Timmy Tebow for being drafted by the Denver Broncos in the first round of the NFL Draft. Billi Pod’s prediction - give him 2 years and he will make all of the doubters and nay-sayers look like fools. Just remember where you read it first.”


Oh Yeah ... you are so very welcum ...


GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS AND GO TIMMY!!


Billi Pod

“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

ALEX-174

No comments: