Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Billi Pod Says==>Happy Tuesday Everyone!!

Happy Tuesday to all of my loyal and faithful readers out there in the morass known as cyberspace.


I hope your week is going well ... mine certainly is, despite the mental gyrations going on in my head in preparation for my return to Polk County, FL, aka PFC aka Polk F**king County, on Thursday. I mean ... I was just there yesterday ... or anyway ... it seems like yesterday ...


Oh well ... you gotta do what you gotta do ... and ... attending one’s 60th High School Reunion is, in my humble opinion, a “gotta-do” especially when your class was as small as ours ... only 72 in number way back in June 1952. More details about the reunion will be posted tomorrow, I promise ...


And speaking of promises ... I do fervently promise that I will, finally, post the awesome entertainment stats for 2011, later in the day ... I promise. You’ve waited this long ... so just take a deep breath ... they are finally on their way for you to savor and analyze.


Anyway ... let’s move on to other things ... like Billi Pod’s thoughts and comments on last night’s entertainment event ...

The NATIONAL FESTIVAL CHORUS @ Carnegie Hall was a very enjoyable evening’s entertainment, with a multitude of different choruses from around the country.


My comp. seat was awesome - in the 1st tier, box seating, and the face value on the ticket was ... tada ... $110.00. Now that is really awesome.


Seated in the box with me was a family from Piedmont, CA, whose daughter was performing with the Piedmont High School Acapella Choir (for your info ... Piedmont, CA, is next to Oakland). And, yes, Acapella is how it was spelled in the program and all of the supporting documents. My research does reveal that acapella is the latin version of the more comman Italian a cappella.


Anyway ... We had a nice running conversation and they were sooooooo excited, something I can certainly understand. The Piedmont High School Acapella Choir was excellent and the parents had every reason to be proud. It made my evening even more enjoyable.


Billi Pod’s entertainment event for this evening is his fourth classical music concert in a row (perhaps a bit much, he will admit) ...

7:30==>NEW YORK PHILHARMONIC @ Avery Fisher Hall - “The program is: Steven Stucky - Son et lumiere; Berlioz - Les Nuits d’ete: and Musorgsky - Pictures at an Exhibition.” (season subscription series).


OMFG!! Steven Stucky is the same guy whose work was on the program at the PITTSBURGH SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA concert on Sunday. I’ll be willing to bet it will be another atonal piece of dreck. OMFG!!


Oh well ... ain’t nothing I can do about it ... so ...


Speaking of so ... I soooooooo want to finish the draft of the entertainment stats posting ... soooooooo ... I will post this by ending with another thing for you loyal and faithful readers to ponder ...










Think about it!!


GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!!


Billi Pod

“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

ALEX-189

No comments: