Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Billi Pod Is A KLUTZ!!

You know, my loyal and faithful readers==>Billi Pod is nothing more than a 100% KLUTZ, it is as simple as that.


What am I talking about, you are no doubt breathlessly asking out there in the hinterlands and boondocks? Well ... here goes ... you remember about a week ago I posted that I had ordered some metal frames for the remaining 3 paintings that I had shipped up here from my Bartow storage area. When I ordered them via the internet I knew they would have to be assembled. No big deal.


The stuff arrived early this morning ... and ... thought I ... no problemo ... right ... all I had to do was: put together 3 frames (9 x 12, 20 x 24, and 24 x 30); put the paintings into the frames; attach the hanging thingy on the back of every frame; and, then just hang the paintings on the hangers I had already nailed into the walls. No big deal ... right ... it should take no longer than ... say ... about 30 minutes ... right??


Wrong!! Without boring you loyal and faithful readers with too many more details ... let me just say that: (1) directions are included for a reason (2) I never follow directions in putting things together (3) going back and starting over sucks (4) and, I am a total 100% KLUTZ!! with the finger dexterity of a 6 month old baby. F**K!!


What should have been a 30-45 minute project took over 3 hours ... but ... at least it finally got done ... but ... I hate being such a f**king klutz. The paintings do look good in their new frames and on the walls in PHC. Glad it is done.


Now, on to more important things ... like ...

Last night’s concert, REFLECTIONS OF LIFE WITH SPECIAL GUEST CLAY AIKEN @ Carnegie Hall, was wonderful. My seat was in the 3rd level, front row, a bit to the side. OK.


The first half was the world premiere of a 45 minute work called “Flowers Over The Graves of War,” performed with a full orchestra and a 150 person chorus. It was very moving.


The second half was even more interesting and featured Clay Aiken, who didn’t sing, but instead narrated a series of works which were “a reflection on the power of song” in the lives of children. There was the same orchestra but a new chorus, this time with 200+ members on stage plus another 100+ members singing from the upper tiers of the Hall. It was fantastic and that is putting it mildly.


The picture is one I took just before the second half began.


It was a wonderful evening’s entertainment and I left Carnegie Hall with a smile on my face. Would definitely have walked back to PHC had the weather not been freezing cold.

Billi Pod’s entertainment event for tonight is ...


7:00==>CALL ME WALDO - “Extraordinary things happen when an ordinary electrician begins channeling the spirit of Ralph Waldo Emerson. A warmhearted comedy about an average guy experiencing a mid-life crisis.” (Off Broadway - complimentary ticket).


I think this sounds very interesting and one of my favorite actors, Brian Dykstra, is in the cast.


Oh, AJ Burnett aka Loser Boi is now trying to blame his dismal tenure with The Bronx Bombers because ..."I let too many people tinker with me." Really?? How about it was because you basically sucked you scumbag Loser Boi.


Still have a few things and stuff to do left over from yesterday ... so ... I will close with a question that has to have occurred to many of you computer nerds/geeks ...












GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!!


Billi Pod

“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

ALEX-182

No comments: