Saturday, February 18, 2012

Billi Pod’s Saturday Entertainment Doubleheader & So Long Loser Boi

Good morning everyone.


I am happy to report that my return visit last night to THE INEXPLICABLE REDEMPTION OF AGENT G was even more fun than the first time, on Wednesday.


Folks ... hurry up ... you gotta see this show ... trust Billi Pod on this ... you gotta see this show before its run ends on March 4th. Yes, I know that I am sounding a bit like a shill, but you loyal and faithful readers know that isn’t the case ... so ... see this show ...


Today is going to be yet another potentially awesome doubleheader for Billi Pod in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World. Both shows are in my ‘hood. The first event is ...

2:00==>CQ/CX - “An up and coming reporter at The New York Times has dreams of becoming a famous journalist, but in a flash, they come crashing down when he becomes the center of a plagiarism scandal.” (Off Broadway - complimentary ticket)


This is based on a true story. The show has gotten generally favorable reviews and I am looking forward to it.


Before the show I will meet up with my theater-buddy Dian Crystal and her posse. They have the same scheduled events. After CQ/CX we will have a bite in the ‘hood and then come back to PHC and chill until it is time for our second show ... which is ..


8:00==>THE LADY FROM DUBUQUE by Edward Albee - “At a late night party, the hosts are entertaining their friends with a round of Twenty Questions and another round of drinks. When an unexpected guest and her mysterious companion arrive, the question ‘Who are you?’ gains a whole new and desperate meaning.” (Off Broadway - complimentary ticket)


This show is playing at the new Signature Theater space. I haven’t found much advance buzz so I really don’t know what to expect, except that it is an Edward Albee play, whose works usually entertain me and piss me off at the same time. We will see ...


So, I hope you loyal and faithful readers will agree that today sounds very interesting. Will, of course, report in detail tomorrow.


I am extremely happy to report that the deal between The Bronx Bombers and The Pirates has been finalized and AJ Burnett aka Loser Boi is history (bad history at that). The deal is subject to approval by MLB and Loser Boi passing a routine physical. Neither is expected to be a problem.


So==>SO LONG LOSER BOI ... don’t let the door hit you in the ass on your way out.


And ... now in closing ...












GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!!


Billi Pod

“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

ALEX-179

No comments: