Thursday, February 9, 2012

First==>An Apology And Then Reports on Billi Pod’s Awesome Doubleheader.

Let me start this Thursday posting with a sincere and heartfelt apology to those of you loyal and faithful readers out there in cyberspace who read Billi Pod Blogs via the forwarded confirmation email generated by the blog website. For whatever reason yesterday’s initial posting was fraught with errors - grammatical, spelling and context.


As soon as I read my printout copy of the email I recognized most of the errors and made immediate corrections to the posting on the website. Unfortunately, these corrections do not generate confirmation emails.


Over the years since the blog was created (2008) I have tried to make it interesting and informative, but sometimes I do get a bit careless, like yesterday ... so ... if you will forgive me Billi Pod will make every effort to produce a better product for your edification and enlightenment out there in the hinterlands ... yes ... I know that many of you loyal and faithful readers rely on Billi Pod Blogs to brighten your otherwise drab and mundane lives ... so ... Billi Pod will man-up to his responsibilities in the future ...


Moving on ...

Yesterday was an AWESOME entertainment doubleheader for Billi Pod and both shows lived up to his expectations and then some ...


First was THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA, the Andrew Lloyd Webber masterwork approaching its 10,000 performance==>A.


When I picked up my ticket from the ticket service rep. I was stunned to find that it was in the orchestra, Row P, seat 22, and not in the upper nosebleed section as I had anticipated.


I am happy to report that the show has not, in my humble opinion, aged and that the performance was full of energy, supporting the sublime Andrew Lloyd Webber score.


Hugh Panaro, in the role of The Phantom, was spectacular - what a terrific voice. He is one of the few actors to have been cast as both The Phantom and Raoul in the Broadway production.


Trista Moldovan, as Christine, held her own and projected both aggressiveness and vulnerability in this difficult role.


When the show was over the audience gave the performers a well-deserved standing ovation. I am so glad I was there.


Had time to come back to PHC for my usual fruit and cheese snack. The weather had begun to get really nasty and when it was time to head out for my 7:00 show it had begun to lightly snow.

VENUS IN FUR, the comedy/drama that goes behind the scenes at an audition, where a man and a woman blur the lines between fantasy and reality==>A.


Let me say right up front that at times I had difficulty in discerning between fantasy and reality on the stage. The show is fast moving, profane, thought-provoking, disturbing, and extremely well acted by Hugh Dancy and Nina Arianda.


The audience was really into the show and gave the two performers a roaring standing ovation.


The New York critics were generally favorable to the earlier production and I predict that they will like this one too.


When Billi Pod got back to PHC he had a nice feeling in his inner self about the AWESOME doubleheader he had just completed.


As I said ... it briefly snowed late yesterday evening but today is bright and clear==>32º @ 8:30am.


Billi Pod’s entertainment event for tonight is ...

7:30==>BAIT N’ SWISH - “What happens when two friends set out to find the perfect mate? Gay speed dating, a trip to Boise and a slew of outrageous drag queens. Two plays, one intermission, forty-nine characters, four folding chairs, a whistle and a buzzer.” (Off Broadway - $9.00 TDF ticket).


Yeah ... I know ... but ... my friends say it is a lot of fun. We will see.


BREAKING NEWS==>despite this dire warning provided to me by my youngest grandson Chris Falletta aka Topher ...













Billi Pod will be heading back down to Bartow, FL, in PFC aka Polk F**king County, in March to participate in his 60th Summerlin Institute Class Reunion.


I will arrive in Bartow on Thursday afternoon, March 1st and return to NYC on Sunday afternoon, March 4th. Of course, I will schedule face time with new Mom, Gina, and great-granddaughter Saylor. More specific details in a later posting.


GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!!


Billi Pod

“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

ALEX-170

No comments: