Wednesday, February 29, 2012

2011 Was An AWESOME Year==>check it out!!

Good afternoon all of my loyal and faithful readers out there in the hinterlands and boondocks ... and ... yes ... I know that I fervently promised to post the 2011 entertainment stats yesterday ... but ... sorry ... it just didn’t happen ... but you can calm down now ... because ... tada ... here they are in all of their awesomeness ...


In checking my daily log (log, not diary - real guys don’t keep diaries) I find that during 2011 Billi Pod attended/saw/did the following:


48 Broadway shows; 182 Off Broadway Shows, plus 8 New York Fringe Festival events; 57 classical music concerts (including my 3 series subscription to the New York Philharmonic); 1 Opera; 1 rock concert (Sir Paul McCartney @ Yankee Stadium); 15 movies; and, 42 Yankee baseball games (23 wins - 19 losses. Kinda barfy).


I was away from The Big Apple for only 14 nights.

Perhaps one of the most amazing stats is the fact that during the year there were only 27, repeat, 27 times that I stayed in PHC without attending some entertainment event during either the day or evening. The majority of these were due to either terribly bad weather and/or some important sporting event on the tube.


This means, my loyal and faithful readers, that Billi Pod remained on his frenetic Big Apple schedule of attending some entertainment event 9 out of 10 nights. Actually for you number crunchers the percentage is 92%. AWESOME!!!


During the year I was able to have time with a lot of my friends, including: John Scott Reed; Justin Allen Pifer; Lance & Joan Smith; Dwight & Joanne Wells; Hank Campbell; Gordon and Carole Warner; Sandy Mullon; Dennis Dohman and Michael Pederson; David Huddleston and Sarah Koeppe; John Horne and his posse; and, my AA buddies (you know who you are).


During the year Billi Pod was admitted into Dian Crystal’s posse, along with Marty, Vera and others. Thank you so much, My Lady!


On March 18th I celebrated 21 years of continuous sobriety and on April 23rd turned, gasp, 77 years old (God ... I hate being old). I renewed my lease on PHC at 420 E. 42nd Street for an additional two years, effective June 1.


Of course, any year has its downsides, the major one for me being the passing of my dear friend Gil Goshorn of Gainesville, FL. I was honored that Linda asked me to participate in the family ceremony.


Another downer was, of course, the deployment of my oldest grandson CWO2 Alexander Falletta aka Army Guy overseas to Iraq. I was down in Columbia, SC, to be present when Army Guy and his unit actually headed out. Very very emotional.


As you loyal and faithful readers know ... Army Guy is now in Kuwait and we are hoping and praying his unit will return home around the first of May. Please Higher Power==>let it be so!!


OK, so there you have it ... I personally think that these annual stats are pretty awesome, especially for a 77yr old guy ... but ... remember ...


I only report ... you decide.


Let me close this posting with my brief review about last night’s entertainment event, which was ...


NEW YORK PHILHARMONIC @ Avery Fisher Hall==>A<==as usual, even though they began the evening with another piece of atonal dreck from Steven Stucky.


It is 1:00pm as I am completing this posting and I haven’t anything scheduled entertainment-wise for this evening. Will probably catch a movie and then stay in for the evening, hopefully to be able to crash a bit earlier than my usual 2:00am time because my car service is picking me up at 6:45am in the morning as I begin my 60th High School Class Reunion adventure.

I have just reviewed the stats again ... and all I can say is they typify why Bill Norris aka Billi Pod lives in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World, and why he plans to remain here for the remainder of his life.


GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!!


Billi Pod

“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

ALEX-190

PS: If I omitted any thing, event, happening, person, activity or individual==>I am sorry!!

No comments: