Friday, February 17, 2012

Chekhov Can Be Funny & Something New.

First of all==>Happy Friday to all of my Worker Bee friends here in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World and out there in the hinterlands and boondocks.


Hope each of you will have a great weekend ... just remember that you cannot ... repeat ... cannot ... leave your jobs until at least 5:05pm ... but then you know that, don’t you ... but ... still ... just a friendly reminder.


Speaking of weekends ... and we were, weren’t we ... Billi Pod has scheduled doubleheaders for both Saturday and Sunday ...


Saturday - 2:00==>CQ/CX; 8:00==>THE LADY FROM DUBUQUE.


Sunday - 3:00==>BAD KID; 8:00==>ONE MAN LORD OF THE RINGS.


The specific details will be, of course, in later postings.

Tonight I was able to schedule a repeat visit to ...


8:00==>THE INEXPLICABLE REDEMPTION OF AGENT G, about a man looking for answers and revenge in Vietnam. (Off Broadway - complimentary ticket)


As you loyal and faithful readers know, I gave this comedy show an A rating when I saw it this past Wednesday night. I am so happy that I was able to score another comp. ticket and that my ticket service let me do it. Sometimes they get a bit "testy" over repeat visits early-on in a run.


Now about last night’s entertainment event ...


Last night’s CHEKHOVEK, 15 scenes from the works of Anton Chekhov, was a very pleasant evening==>B<==the cast was excellent.


Yes, Billi Pod learned that Chekhov can indeed be funny/amusing. The scenes in the first act were a lot funnier than those in the second act. The second act got a lot more serious, but that was OK.


Interesting observation==>the house was virtually sold-out and I would estimate that 85% of the audience were females over the age of 60. Most of them appeared to be there with a female friend. I guess Chekhov is a draw for that demographic.


I want to close this posting with a new feature that will be in the daily postings for awhile. These items are a result of Billi Pod’s internet research in fulfilling his responsibilities as a fair and unbiased reporter to you loyal and faithful readers out there in Nowhereland. Since this blog was created (2008) I have tried to keep my reader/fan base on the cutting edge of what is important in cyberspace ... so ...










Yes, you are so very welcum ...


GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!!


Billi Pod

“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

ALEX-178

No comments: