Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Tuesday is nasty in The Big Apple

On this Tuesday in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World, it is a very nasty and cold morning==>snow, sleet and rain. A good day to just stay inside warm and cozy PHC.


In the name of fair and unbiased reporting Billi Pod has to admit that yesterday’s errands day was a complete washout (no pun intended). Nothing got done except for posting on FaceBook and this blog. Nope, not even a trip to the grocery store.


Well, since errands didn’t get done what about the rest of the day you are no doubt breathlessly asking, well .... this is what came down ...


Last night caught a funny show at a comedy venue known as The Upright Citizens Brigade on 26th Street. It had been a long time since Billi Pod had been there and I thought I would give it a shot since nothing of any interest showed up on my ticket services.


The show was called John and Scott and featured Scott Adsit (30 Rock) and John Lutz (30 Rock) in an hour long improv skit. Very funny and it only cost $5.00.


Then, after the show I met up with Lance and Joan Smith for a late dinner at Joe Allen on Restaurant Row.


At my recommendation they had gotten tickets to see PHANTOM OF THE OPERA, which was their first Broadway show. They said they were simply blown away with the performance.


After dinner I helped them scratch “Riding The Subway” from their bucket list. How? Well, I took them on the E train one stop down to 34th Street and then walked them through Penn Station and back to their hotel at 31st & 7th Avenue.


Tonight is their Prince concert at Madison Square Garden. Have fun guys!!


Nothing scheduled yet for today, but something will show up on one of my ticket services, I am sure. I will also work on the final draft of Billi Pod’s 2010 Activities Report, I promise ... well ... sorta ...


Meanwhile .... buuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrr!!


Musings from THE MIND OF BILLI POD (a memoir in progress):


“Dogs don’t understand cats or goldfish.”


GO GATORS AND GO YANKEES!!


Billi Pod

“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: