Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Billi Pod Says==>Tuesday Was A Barfee Day!!

Well, in the name of fair and unbiased reporting Billi Pod has to report to you loyal and faithful readers that yesterday’s snow, sleet and rain made for a BARFEE day==>yep ... gasp ... I totally stayed in all day/evening.


Oh, several times I thought about heading out to a movie (after all, it is only 2 blocks away) but when I stuck my head out the window of PHC and felt the freezing rain I thought ... this is insane ... just stay warm and cozy where you are.


So the evening resolved itself to be: Keith Olbermann; Rachel Maddow; Fox News @ 10 O’clock; Jon Stewart; and, the first 30 minutes of Letterman. Yes, I know Betty White was on Letterman, but I have had more than enough of her. Sorry, folks, but this is just how I feel.


In other words, Tuesday was a majorly BLAH and BARFEE day.


But not to worry everyone because today is better - better weather and much better entertainment. It is ... tada ...a doubleheader for Billi Pod --


2:00==>RICHARD SKIPPER AS "CAROL CHANNING" IN CONCERT-“celebrates the career and persona of the unique theatrical legend.” (complimentary ticket)


I am not a big fan of female impersonators but this show has gotten very good buzz and my ticket is a comp., so I thought I would give it a shot. It is also playing at a theatre in my ‘hood.


Then tonight I will meet up with my friends attorney Dwight Wells, now living in Tampa, on his boat, and New Yorker Bruce Young, a criminal defense attorney.


At 8:00 we will see==>LOMBARDI-“about the legendary Hall of Fame coach and his impact on his players.” (discounted TDF ticket).


I saw this show in early previews and liked it a lot and it has gotten generally favorable reviews.


After the show we will have a late dinner at Joe Allen.


OK, my loyal and faithful readers, I know what you are thinking==>“That’s twice in one week at Joe Allen. Has Billi Pod abandoned Angus McIndoe for Joe Allen?” Be at ease - we are eating at Joe Allen because Dwight has never been there and he has dined with me several times at Angus.


OK, everyone, I need to post this and then run to the grocery store, so ...


Musings from THE MIND OF BILLI POD (a memoir in progress):


“Being late is never OK to a slug.”


GO GATORS AND GO YANKEES!!


Billi Pod

“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.


No comments: