Friday, January 7, 2011

Billi Pod Says==>December 2010 Was Awesome!!

On this snowy and nasty Friday afternoon I have no excuse for not posting the stats for last month, so ...


Here are Billi Pod’s entertainment stats for December 2010 --


In checking my daily log (log, not diary - real guys don’t keep diaries) I find that during the month of December 2010 Billi Pod did/saw/attended the following:


2 Broadway shows (“Spider-Man: Turn Off The Dark” and “Jim Gaffigan On Broadway”); 10 Off Broadway shows; 5 classical music concerts, including The New York Philharmonic’s New Year’s Eve Gala and The Vienna Boys Choir.; and, 1 movie (Gulliver’s Travels).


Was out of town for 6 nights in Columbia, SC, for a family Christmas with: daughter Kathi and son-in-law Dr. John; son Bill III aka Billy Boy aka The Bill; and, oldest grandson Alex Falletta aka Army Guy aka Lex and his wife Gina. Unfortunately, youngest grandson Chris Falletta aka Topher was unable to join us due to other family commitments.


Daughter Kathi is due a major shout-out for being her usual AAA hostess even though she had major physical discomfort as a result of a slip-and-fall on December 23rd.


My visit to Columbia was actually 24 hours longer than planned due to the blizzard, but, in all honesty, all that did was give me more time to eat the wonderful food prepared by my gourmet-chef son-in-law Dr. John.


During the month was able to have face time a couple of times with John Scott Reed, who has now embarked on a major career path change. Details in the next posting, I promise.


Also high on the highlight list was an awesome gourmet luncheon with John Horne of Anna Maria, FL, and his posse.


I renewed my Yankee 41-game season ticket package although I remain pissed off with their “decision” to reduce our "privilege" to buy the same seat for all post season games. ‘Nuttin I could do about it, so ...


Of course, there were downsides too. December marked 4 years since my dear friend and longtime colleague Randy Bentley of Lakeland, FL, left us. Also, his wife, Sue, had major surgery to address serious heart problems. I am happy to report that she is making a remarkable recovery.


And, Urban Meyer’s decision to retire, yet again, as Coach of The Florida Gators was also a major downer for Billi Pod.


Now, taking into consideration the time I was out of the city, the basically nasty weather, and an annoying eye problem, I must report that there were only 2, yes, this is correct, 2 days/evenings that Billi Pod stayed in PHC without attending some type of entertainment/social event.


This, in my humble opinion, is a pretty awesome stat, but it is up to you loyal and faithful readers to decide, because ...


I report - you decide!!


GO GATORS AND GO YANKEES!!


Billi Pod

“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: