Sunday, January 30, 2011

Monday’s Report From The Big Apple.

Good afternoon my loyal and faithful readers. Right off the bat I will offer my apologies for failing to post to this blog yesterday - my bad - no excuse, just didn’t do it, sorry ...


So ... let me begin anew today with a huge shout-out to my dear friend and fraternity-brother Bob Kent of Jacksonville, FL, who is celebrating a birthday milestone today - the big SEVEN OH!! Wow!! 70!! Who would have thunk it?


Bob, aka BK to his friends, and I go back years and years to the Kappa Alpha Order fraternity house at the University of Florida. We are also both members of another “organization” that has been very important in being able to live our lives “One Day At A Time.”


SO, HAPPY BIRTHDAY BK - MANY MORE TO COME!!


Hope you caught Jesse Eisenberg & Mark Zuckerberg on SNL Saturday night==>it was classic SNL. Zuckerberg joined host Eisenberg for the opening monologue of the show. Eisenberg told Zuckerberg that he liked him on "60 Minutes" and then asked if he had seen "The Social Network." Zuckerberg, who has called the film inaccurate, responded that he had seen the film and that it was "interesting." Eisenberg accepted that answer and the two high-fived.


I think this link will take you to it, hopefully ...


Jesse Eisenberg Monologue


I have been a big supporter of THE SOCIAL NETWORK to win The Best Movie and Jessie Eisenberg Best Lead Actor in the upcoming Oscars, that is, until I saw Colin Firth in THE KING’S SPEECH last night. It is==>AWESOME!!


Came home and watched the Screen Actors Guild (SAG) awards ceremony and Colin Firth won for Best Male Actor and the movie won the Best Cast award, SAG’s equivalent of The Best Picture. These awards make Firth and the film front runners to win in the upcoming Oscars, without a doubt. You gotta see this movie.


[dammit it is now 12:45am on Tuesday morning - better late than never - I guess]


Anywho ... Monday was my usual errands day and I did get a lot of things and stuff done, and that was good, because the weather was clear but cold. Starting later this morning it is supposed to begin snowing again, with periods of heavy sleet lasting through Wednesday. F**K!!


This evening I finally got around to seeing LITTLE FOCKERS and I have to report in the name of fair and unbiased reporting==>I liked it and laughed a lot, but then, it is my kind of humor. I can, however, understand why some critics gave it very negative reviews.


I can’t remember the last time I have seen two movies on back-to-back days. Sunday was THE KING’S SPEECH and then Monday was LITTLE FOCKERS.


Just got through watching Justin Bieber (with his new haircut) on Letterman and I thought he did a good job and held his own with Dave, not an easy task


I think The Bieb will turn 17 next month and he has a movie, NEVER SAY NEVER, coming out February 11th. And, yeah, Billi Pod will see it, on a weekday morning to avoid the screaming tweeners.


This afternoon at 12:45pm I have my annual physical exam/evaluation with my Cardiologist, Dr. Fred Feuerbach, who is also a FaceBook friend. I feel fine, so I expect everything to go well. Will report when I know all of the test results.


Will close with two musings, to bring this blog up-to-date, so ...


Musings from THE MIND OF BILLI POD (a memoir in progress):


“A basket full of meatballs doesn’t mean you’re gonna make the soccer team.”


“The West Virginia Mountaineer’s mascot is a dwarf penguin.”


GO GATORS AND GO YANKEES!!


Billi Pod

“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: