Saturday, January 1, 2011

1/1/11==>HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Good morning my loyal and faithful readers. It is a bright, brisk and beautiful morning in The Big Apple, The Greatest City in The World. What a wonderful way to begin 2011.


Last night’s NEW YORK PHILHARMONIC concert was excellent and Lang Lang was awesome, as usual. The house was sold-out. What a great way to end 2010.


Tiny snafu (when is the last time you saw that word?) after the concert. What, you are no doubt breathlessly asking? Well, coming back from Lincoln Center I take the 1 train one stop to Columbus Circle and then transfer to either the A or C train, whichever comes first. Done it thousands of times. Last night I guess my mind was wandering a bit because I inadvertently got on a D train and didn’t realize it for 2 stops. No problem since I knew what I had to do, but the train service was very slow (as was expected) so I got back to PHC around 11:00, rather than 10:00. Because I was so late I opted to postpone grilling the steak until tonight.


Actually it wasn't much of a problem because I watched the ball drop on TV in my warm and cozy 41st floor apartment, toasting the arrival of the New Year with a Fresca.


Today-1:00pm==>Gators vs Penn State in the Outhouse Bowl (oooops sorry, I meant Outback Bowl) on ABC.


Please guys, don’t embarrass your loyal and faithful fans again on national TV.


After the game Billi Pod will spend the rest of afternoon/evening watching football in a total couch-potato mode. I will also work on the stats for December and for the year and on my 2011 To-Do List.


Musings from THE MIND OF BILLI POD (a memoir in progress):


“No one ever returns calcified corn husks.”


GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!!


Billi Pod

“Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.”

No comments: