Thursday, January 20, 2011

Thursday==>Billi Pod Gets Fingered!!

Good Thursday afternoon my loyal and faithful readers. I know that you have been concerned about the delay in my blog posting, but have no fear, there is an logical explanation. What, you are no doubt breathlessly asking ... well ...


This morning Billi Pod had his semi-annual appointment with his Urologist, Dr. Erik Goluboff, who is Director of Urology at Columbia University Medical Center, which included the usual Digital Rectal Examination (DRE). Yepper, it was time for the old “finger-up-the-butt” exam. The picture pretty much sums it up.


I am happy and, as usual, relieved to report that everything is “fine” up there - the PSA test results were 1.3 and the DRE - “everything OK.” My next appointment is for July 11th.


When I left Dr. Goluboff’s office I walked over to the office of my Cardiologist, Dr. Fred Feuerbach, for the routine “finger-pick” necessary to monitor my Coumadin levels. Everything again was OK. I had a brief meeting with Fred and we have scheduled my annual physical examination for February 1st.


It was about 1:00pm when I got back to PHC and, honestly, I just didn’t feel in the mood to write. Luckily for you loyal and faithful readers a quick nap (yep, I admit to being a bit drained) took care of everything, so now ... on to other things ... like ...


Had a great time last night with Dwight Wells & Bruce Young. LOMBARDI was terrific for the second time, but, you know, one thing has bothered me about the show ... Lombardi is portrayed as being angry and screaming and shouting about 85% of the time, even when he is at home with his wife. It gets a bit tiresome after awhile, however, it is still a very enjoyable theater experience.


After the show we walked over to Theater Row on 46th Street for a late dinner at Joe Allen, which was excellent, and we had time to talk a lot about things and stuff.


Great being with you guys!!


Billi Pod’s entertainment event for this evening is ...


8:00==>HOME OF THE GREAT PECAN-“Aliens. Texans. A beauty parlor, and the worlds largest pecan. A perfect marriage.” (Off-Broadway-complimentary ticket). Sounds like fun.


Oh, more snow is headed our way, starting around midnight tonight. Accumulation is expected to be around 5-7 inches, followed by the coldest weather of the year. F**K!!


So, my loyal and faithful readers, you are now up-to-date and all is well in Billi Pod’s World (except for the cold weather), so let’s close with ...


Musings from THE MIND OF BILLI POD (a memoir in progress):


“Why is it OK for male animals to show their genitals but not for Man?”


GO GATORS AND GO YANKEES!!


Billi Pod

“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: