Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Weather Update/Thank You’s/Forbidden Broadway Again/Character Man/I’m Sorry


Tuesday==>Yesterday The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World, was spared the brunt of the anticipated snow storm, which ultimately had its impact further south, however, it remains very cold here in Manhattan this morning.

Yeah, when I got up this morning at 7:30am it was only 15º, with wind chill down to . Burrrrrrr!

At noon it is only 23º, with wind chill down to 18º, although it is sunny out with wispy cloud cover. Double Burrrrrr!!

Man, I can’t tell you how tired your favorite blogger is of the fucking cold weather, but, then ... I think most of you loyal and faithful readers and followers already know this.

Oh, well ... moving on ...

I want to take a moment to thank everyone who took the time to text, post, or email me about the highly favorable results of yesterday’s semiannual checkup appointment with my cardiologist, Dr. Fred Feuerbach.

THANK YOU!!

Yeah, I really mean it ... so ... again ...

THANK YOU!!

Yep, Bill Norris aka Billi Pod, sometimes also known as “The Little Engine That Could,” is just gonna keep on keeping on here in The Greatest City In The World for as long as he physically and mentally can. 

Moving on ... 

In yesterday’s posting I shared that when I got back to the apartment and finished the daily blog update that I hadn’t anything planned for the evening and that I was considering giving Billi Pod a day/night off to remain in the cozy confines of PHC.

Well, did that happen? I think that most of you know the answer ... of course it didn’t.

At the last minute a comp. tix became available to one of my favorite Off Broadway shows, the revised and updated version of FORBIDDEN BROADWAY, playing in my ‘hood, so I quickly booked it.

I had seen the show on February 23rd and gave it an A back then. I am happy to report that it still more than earns an A from Billi Pod.

To those of you new to the blog, this is basically what I wrote about the show back then ...
******************** 
"FORBIDDEN BROADWAY: ALIVE AND STILL KICKING, after an absence of nearly a year, the musical parody returns to NYC with new victims and new laughs==>A

As I had anticipated, it is funny, raucous, often profane and well performed by a stellar cast of Scott Richard Foster, Carter Calvert, Erica Dorfler and Marcus Stevens.

Sooooooo glad its back.

For me the funniest skits involved “Matilda,” “Once,” “The Book of Mormon" (called “The Book of Morons”) and the upcoming third revival of “Les Miz.”

I am happy to report that the new seating in the refurbished first floor space at the renamed Davenport Theatre is comfortable.

Billi Pod says==>If you are a theatre-nut like moi, then you gotta see this show.

This show is playing at the newly refurbished and renamed Davenport Theatre on West 45th Street, has a running time of 1:40, with intermission, and is currently selling tickets through May 11th."
********************
Like I said above, I totally enjoyed seeing the show again and it was just what I was in the mood for.

Moving on ...

Tonight’s entertainment event is an Off Broadway show ...

7:00==>CHARACTER MAN - “A salute by Drama Desk Award winner (Zero Hour) Jim Brochu to the memorable character actors of Broadway, with hilarious theatre stories and personal recollections. Sprinkled with juicy backstage lore, the show spotlights the careers of Zero Mostel, Jack Gilford, Barney Martin and David Burns. It also delivers the iconic songs of groundbreaking composers, including Meredith Willson, John Kander and Fred Ebb, Jerry Bock and Sheldon Harnick and Stephen Sondheim.” (Off Broadway - discounted TDF ticket)

I totally loved Jim in “Zero Hour” and am really looking forward to this new show.

This one-man show officially opens on March 5th at Urban Stages on West 30th Street, has a running time of 1:30, without intermission, and runs through March 30th.

Interestingly, Jim and his longtime partner, Steve Schalchlin (a Facebook friend), live in The Strand, the high-rise apartment building at 43rd Street and 10th Ave, in my ‘hood, that had the fire back on January 5th. They were not injured, thankfully.

OK, my loyal and faithful readers and followers, your favorite blogger still has some errands and stuff left over from yesterday, so ... time to post this and then ... well, you know ...

Oh ... in closing ... your favorite blogger wants to apologize to all of you who access Billi Pod Blogs via the forwarded confirmation email from the website. Yes, way too many recent typos. Sorry ‘bout dat. 

Yes, I need to more carefully proofread before posting. Rest assured that any errors that are later discovered are immediately corrected on the website.

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>4.69 miles (or, 10,260 steps)

Total mileage for 2014==>195.63 miles (average 3.16 miles per day)

GO GATORS & GO YANKEES!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: