Monday, March 3, 2014

Appointment With Cardiologist Went Extremely Well



BREAKING NEWS==>Have just gotten back to the warm and cozy confines of PHC after my 10:00am appointment with my cardiologist, Dr. Fred Feuerbach, who I have been seeing since July 2001, when I was hospitalized due to congestive heart failure. 

This was my semiannual checkup appointment. I have had no problems or concerns, so this was a "routine appointment."

First of all ... Thank You Weather Gods ... the projected snow was not as heavy as anticipated so I was able to make it to and from Dr. Fred’s far Eastside office via the subways, without any problems. Thankfully, there was very little accumulation.

Secondly ... I am happy, and relieved, to report to you loyal and faithful readers and followers that the results of the EKG and fasting bloodwork were EXCELLENT. This is Dr. Fred’s summary, in his own handwriting ...

“Doing very well. Asymptomatic. Bloodwork excellent. EKG fine. Stress test in September looked good. No changes for now.”

He then commented ... “you know, your biggest health risk is riding in a cab or jaywalking.” And, this made me feel really good.

To all of this, this soon-to-be 80-years old guy humbly says==>Thank You My Higher Power, who I choose to call God.

Now, in the name of fair and unbiased reporting I have to admit to being somewhat emotionally drained. I mean ... one never knows how the bloodwork and other tests are actually going to play out.

As I said earlier, Dr. Fred’s office is in the far Eastside, so I actually logged in 2.75 miles on the roundtrip. I left PHC at 8:50am and it was 11:30am when I opened the door to the warm and cozy confines of PHC.

Yes, I am resisting the temptation to crash because my inner Billi Pod keeps reminding me of my obligation(s) to timely report to you loyal and faithful readers and followers out there in the boondocks, wastelands and hinterlands.

So ... let’s move on to Billi Pod’s report card on last night’s Off Broadway show ...

APPROPRIATE, about the estranged members of the Lafayette clan that return to Arkansas and their crumbling old plantation home to settle the accounts of their recently deceased patriarch==>B+

This drama, about yet another highly dysfunctional family, is emotionally powerful with great acting and incredible sets.

I totally disliked each of the adult characters but still felt involved and interested in the family dynamics that evolved on stage.

I don’t want to say any more about the story line because that could be a major “spoiler” and that’s not good.

The show is worth seeing, IMHO, solely for the incredible sets and staging and I can’t say anymore about this either.

I saw the show with my theater-buddy Dian Crystal aka My Lady and she gave it the same letter-grade.

This show is in previews, is playing at The Signature Theatre Complex on West 42nd Street, has a running time of 2:20, with intermission, and is scheduled to run through April 6th.

When the show was over I came back to PHC and settled in to watch the last 90 minutes of the Academy Award’s Ceremony. From what I saw, I thought Ellen DeGeneres did an excellent job.

In yesterday’s blog posting your favorite blogger made the following predictions for the winners in the major categories ...

BEST PICTURE==>“12 Years a Slave”

BEST ACTOR==>Matthew McConaughey, “Dallas Buyer’s Club”

BEST ACTRESS==>Cate Blanchett, “Blue Jasmine”

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR==>Jared Leto, “Dallas Buyer’s Club”

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS==>Jennifer Lawrence, “American Hustle”

BEST DIRECTOR==>Alfonso Cuaron, “Gravity”

The only one Billi Pod missed on was BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS, which was won by Lupita Nyong’o, in “12 Years a Slave.”

Yeah, 5 out of 6 ain’t bad

As usual for awards programs==>I hit the mute button during each acceptance speech, without exception.

Moving on ...

At the moment your favorite blogger has nothing scheduled for the evening. Of course, there are many many options, including giving himself the day/evening off ... so ... 

Stay tuned.

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>3.15 miles (or, 6,903 steps)

Total mileage for the week==>25.78 miles (average 3.68 miles per day)

Total mileage for 2014==>190.94 miles (average 3.12 miles per day)

GO GATORS & GO YANKEES!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: