Tuesday, March 25, 2014

FORBIDDEN BROADWAY, AGAIN


Tuesday==>In yesterday’s posting your favorite blogger shared with you loyal and faithful readers and followers that he was considering giving Billi Pod the day/night off ... and I know you are all anxiously awaiting the news ... did it actually happen or not?

Did Billi Pod really give himself a day/night off?

Well, my loyal and faithful readers and followers, last night, at the last minute, a comp. tix became available to one of my favorite Off Broadway shows, the revised and updated version of FORBIDDEN BROADWAY, playing in my immediate ‘hood, so I quickly booked it.

I had seen the show originally back on February 23rd and gave it an A and then I saw it again on March 3rd and gave it another A. Well, I am happy to report that it still earns an A from Billi Pod.

This updated version is now called FORBIDDEN BROADWAY COMES OUT SWINGING!

It is funny, raucous, often profane and well performed by a stellar cast of Scott Richard Foster, Carter Calvert, Erica Dorfler and Marcus Stevens.

For me the funniest skits involved “Matilda,” “Once,” “The Book of Mormon" (called “The Book of Morons”) and the third revival of “Les Miserables.”

Yes, this was just what I needed to recover from my otherwise blah and boring day of errands and chores.

Before the show began I ran into my friend Kim (or whatever his real name is) and we did some much needed catching-up and that was nice.

Now ... about tonight ...

Well ... gasp ... at the moment I haven’t anything scheduled and, not joking, this time I am seriously, and I mean seriously, considering staying in the warm and cozy confines of PHC, out of the snow and stuff that is in the forecast for later in the afternoon and into the evening.

Yes, unless something shows up at one of the theaters in my immediate Hell’s Kitchen ‘hood my plans are to stay in and watch the Yankees/Phillies spring training game @ 7:00pm on YES and MLBN.

So ... stay tuned and stay warm.

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>2.10 miles (or, 4,604 steps)

Total mileage for 2014==>277.12 miles (average 3.34 miles per day)

GO GATORS & GO YANKEES!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: