Sunday, March 16, 2014

Beyond Therapy/A Change In Billi Pod’s Schedule/Go Gators!/Autobahn


Sunday==>I hope everyone out there in the boondocks, wilderness and wastelands is having a great weekend because things have been going great for your favorite blogger here in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World.

First, the weather is tolerable and second, Billi Pod’s entertainment schedule has been diverse and interesting, to say the least ... so ...

Why don’t we get started with ...

Billi Pod’s report card on last night’s Off Broadway show ... 

BEYOND THERAPY, Christopher Durang’s razor sharp 1982 comedy about the search for a meaningful relationship in an insane world may provide the best therapy of all - guaranteed laughter==>A

The rather convoluted story line is==>Prudence replies to a personal ad and meets an eccentric and outspoken bisexual man, Bruce, who wants Prudence to be the mother of his children. Both Prudence and Bruce are in therapy, however, both of their therapists are even more messed up than their respective patients.

The show is really funny, thought-provoking, at times in-your-face, and extremely well performed, especially Mark Alhadeff as Bruce and Liv Rooth as Prudence.

Yeah, this was just the kind of show I was in the mood for and I left the theater with a big smile on my face.

Billi Pod says==>if you need a good laugh, then see this show.

It is playing at the Theatre Row Complex on my West 42nd Street block, has a running time of 2:00, with intermission, and runs through April 16th.

Moving on ... 

I am happy to report that my Florida Gators won a nail-biter yesterday afternoon, beating Tennessee by a score of 56-49, to advance to the finals in the SEC Tournament. They will play  Kentucky at 3:00pm this afternoon on ESPN.

Now, I have to admit that I had mistakenly believed the final game would be tomorrow night and had planned my entertainment schedule accordingly. I had posted that schedule earlier this morning on my Facebook Timeline.

Yeah, for today I had two readings scheduled @ 4:00pm & 8:00pm, way downtown. Well, no way was I gonna miss the Gator game, so ...  things have been changed and Billi Pod’s new entertainment schedule for today will be ...

1:00==>YANKEES/BRAVES on YES

3:00==>GATORS/KENTUCKY (of course)

Then ... tada ... 

8:00==>AUTOBAHN - “Neil LaBute's provocative new collection of one-act plays, each set within the confines of the front seat of an automobile, explore the ethos of perception and relationship - from a make-out session gone awry to a kidnapping thinly disguised as a road trip.” (Off Broadway - complimentary ticket)

I had wanted to see this show but kept putting it off. When I learned this morning that it closes tonight, I just had to catch it, so I cancelled both my 4:00pm & 8:00pm downtown readings.

This show is playing at the Playroom Theatre on West 46th Street and has a running time of 2:00, with intermission.

So ... there you are ...

HAVE A GREAT REST OF THE WEEKEND EVERYONE!!

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>4.13 miles (or, 9,045 steps)

Total mileage for 2014==>243.50 miles (average 3.29 miles per day)

GO GATORS & GO YANKEES!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: