Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Yes==>FOUR MORE YEARS!!


Yes, my loyal and faithful readers and followers, the voters have spoken and it will be FOUR MORE YEARS!! 

Hopefully, the President and the Republican leadership will finally work together to reach bipartisan solutions for the many problems facing this great Nation.

Were you surprised by the ass-whipping administered by Barack Obama? Well, in the name of fair and unbiased reporting, Billi Pod has to admit that he was.

Oh, just a thought==>HILLARY IN 2016.

I am sorry for the delay in this posting but I have legitimate excuses and here they are ... first, I had a late morning followup appointment with my audiologist, Rose DuLude, at her East 68th Street office. 

I am happy to report that she is pleased with my progress and, I think, a bit surprised that I have been strictly following her directions/instructions. Unless something unforeseen happens she will not me again for a year. Yes!!

Her office is in the far Eastside so I had decided to swing by my cardiologist’s, Dr. Fred Feuerbach, office on East 61st Street for the routine finger-prick test for my Coumadin levels and to get my annual flu shot.

When I left Dr. DuLude’s office it had begun to lightly rain and, of course, I had forgotten to put my umbrella in my backpack. The wind was howling and it quickly became majorly nasty.

As I was walking down 2nd Avenue the thought did occur to me that it would certainly be soooooooo ironic if I came down with pneumonia as a result of walking in the cold rain to get my flu shot.

Anyway, the finger-prick results were fine, as usual, and no problem with the flu shot.

It was even nastier when I left Dr. Fred’s office. I had a 3 block walk to the subway entrance. I was pretty wet by that time. When I got back to the Port Authority Bus Terminal I opted for a walk-around to clock some additional mileage because I knew that the weather for the remainder of the day and evening was gonna be terrible.

I was back in PHC around 1:30pm. Altogether I had clocked in 4.23 miles on my WeightWatchers Pedometer. That was a definite positive.

It is now 1:50pm and it has begun to snow and that, according to the weather gurus, is the first sign of the expected nor’easter. Barf!!

OK, let’s move on to more positive things, like ... tada ...

Last night's entertainment event ...

THE OLD MAN AND THE OLD MOON, about an old man who abandons his duties of filling up the moon every night to search of his missing wife==>A

I am happy to report that Billi Pod found this to be a totally enjoyable production with a young, talented and mega-energetic cast. 

The show is the result of the collaboration between the 7-person cast members, who are all graduates of Carnegie Mellon University School of Drama.

All of the cast play instruments and sing and most of them play multiple characters. The highlight is the hilarious use of shadow puppets during most of the show.

Yes, if you want a nice laugh this is the show for you. It has a 2 hour running time, with a intermission, and runs until January 6, 2013.

Tonight’s entertainment event is ... 

7:00==>THE GOOD MOTHER - “A psychological thriller about a struggling single mother facing the repercussions of her past.” (Off Broadway - complimentary ticket)

This show is playing at a theater on my block, Thank God, because the weather is supposed to remain nasty.

The show is still in previews and has generated very mixed buzz thus far.

It is almost 2:30 and the snow has gotten heavier and is blowing almost parallel to the ground. 

Again, I am sorry for the delay ...

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>4.34 miles (or, 9,495 steps)

Total mileage since 7/1/12==>691.27

Mileage remaining until 4/23/13==>387.73

GO GATORS!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”




No comments: