Thursday, November 15, 2012

Wednesday’s Doubleheader==>Disappointing


Good afternoon my loyal and faithful readers and followers.

You know, sometimes things just don’t work out as planned, even here in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World. 

What do I mean I know you are all breathlessly asking your inner selves ...

Well, yesterday’s entertainment doubleheader just didn’t live up to my expectations, in fact, it was rather disappointing, starting with my first scheduled event ...

CABARET ÉMIGRÉ, about the so-called “epic” journey of displaced Eastern European, African, and Latino Émigrés to America==>F-.

Billi Pod fled this pile of donkey-dung at intermission. Why? Well, to begin with, the barrage of ethnic, sexual, racial, religious, and gender slurs spewing from the stage was puke-inducing. It wasn’t funny or entertaining. I was not alone in my exodus.

How this talented group of performers could remain involved in this barf-fest is beyond me. It has been a long time since Billi Pod has disliked a show this much.

Billi Pod says==>you are warned!!

Moving on ...

My evening’s entertainment event was scheduled at the Time Warner Building at Columbus Circle. I got there about an hour early to have some walk and wander time in the building, which is virtually a shopping mall in the bottom 5 floors. I am adding this site to my list of places to walk in during inclement weather.

The entertainment event was ...

I WENT TO THE HOUSE BUT DID NOT ENTER, the concert staging of works by T.S. Eliot, Maurice Blanchot, Franz Kafka, and Samuel Beckett, in three tableaus exploring themes of identity, reality and death==>C+

I really expected to like this show more. The virtually incomprehensible story lines in each tableau were saved by excellent performances from the 4-man Hilliard Ensemble and by the staging. 

The slow moving show ran for 1 hour 45 minutes without intermission, including stretches of just watching set changes. It seemed much much longer.

The show received a very tepid review in today’s New York Times.

Oh well, as “they” say==>you can’t win them all, even in the Big Apple.

Moving on to a more positive note ... tonight’s entertainment event will be something that Billi Pod knows will be outstanding ...

7:30==>NEW YORK PHILHARMONIC ORCHESTRA @ Avery Fisher Hall - Conductor Emeritus Kurt Masur will conduct an All Brahms program: Symphonies No. 3 and No. 4. (season subscription series)

I love Brahms and I am really looking forward to this concert. It will be my third consecutive concert of the week.

It is now 45º @ 1:30pm and Billi Pod feels the need for some outdoor walking time, so, will post this and head out.

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>5.74 miles (or, 12,542 steps)

Total mileage since 7/1/12==>735.65

Mileage remaining until 4/23/13==>343.35

GO GATORS!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: