Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Wednesday==>Another Doubleheader


Good morning all of my loyal and faithful readers and followers.

It is a bright and cold Fall day here in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World, with temperatures in the very low 30s at 8:30am.

We will start this posting with Billi Pod’s comments on last night’s entertainment event ...

CHAMBER MUSIC SOCIETY OF LINCOLN CENTER @ Alice Tully Hall==>EXCELLENT!

Alice Tully Hall was full. My comp. seat was also excellent, in the center orchestra, 6 rows from the stage.

I liked the two works by Mozart better than the two modernistic pieces by Adolphe (who??) and Mackey (who??).

For me the highlight was the performance(s) by clarinet virtuoso Alexander Fiterstein.

I was close enough to the stage to see his fingers move on his instrument and that, of course, brought back many many mostly favorable recollections from years past.

Yes, as some of you loyal and faithful readers and followers will remember from earlier postings ...

I began playing the clarinet when I was in junior high school, the seventh grade

I was first chair/solo clarinet in the Summerlin Institute Band my freshmen, sophomore, and junior years and was also Band President my junior year.

I had to leave the band in my senior year when I got into a physical altercation with the Band Director, Howard “The Asshole” Stivers.

But, that is in the past ... I mean ... burn in Hell you c**t ... I mean ... it has been years and years ... may your soul be eternally damned to roast in flaming lava ... I mean ... oh what the Hell ... damn you to Hell ... I mean ... oh, I guess it is time to forgive and forget and move on, right?

Wow ... sometimes things just won’t go away will they?

Well, let’s move on to today’s entertainment doubleheader ... 

2:00==>CABARET ÉMIGRÉ - “A tale of the thirst for liberty which unfolds through the epic journey of displaced Eastern European, African, and Latino Émigrés.” (Off Broadway - complimentary ticket)

This show is playing at a theater on my block.

Then for the evening is another concert ... 

7:30==>I WENT TO THE HOUSE BUT DID NOT ENTER - “A concert staged in three tableaus bringing to life T.S. Eliot’s “The Lovesong of J. Alfred Prufrock,” Maurice Blanchot’s “The Madness of the Day,” Franz Kafka’s “Excursion into the Mountains,” and Samuel Beckett’s “Worstward Ho.” (complimentary ticket)

This strange sounding event is a Lincoln Center Production and is playing at the Rose Theatre on the 5th floor of the Time Warner Center.

Oh, for some of you nit-pickers, that is not a typo in the Beckett thing, it is indeed “Worstward Ho” not “Westward Ho.

I have a strange gut-feeling about this event and am pretty sure it will be one of those “loved-it” or “hated-it” events.

Moving on ...

A few observations on the General Petraeus “scandal.”

I vividly recall back when I was in Counter-Intelligence Corp (CIC) training at the US Army Intelligence School @ Fort Holabird in Baltimore, MD, in the mid-50s, that the number one thing we were taught to look for in our security investigations were signs of marital infidelity.

The prevailing view was that old or current marital infidelity made an individual a prime target for blackmail, coercion and recruitment by those damned Commies.

Also, prime targets ... a male over the age of 30 who had never been married and who had no verifiable girlfriend.

That a four-star General and the head of the top intelligence agency in The World could be caught up in this kind of misconduct is behind my belief, it really is.

Unfortunately, I think there will be a lot more to come (no pun intended) as the investigations deepen.

On that happy note ... will post this.

Oh ... had a nice walking day yesterday ...

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>6.13 miles (or, 13,398 steps)

Total mileage since 7/1/12==>729.91

Mileage remaining until 4/23/13==>349.09

GO GATORS!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: