Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Monday Was Kinda Weird


Good morning my loyal and faithful readers and followers. It is a dark, overcast and gray morning here in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World==>44ยบ @ 8:30am.

You know, yesterday was a kinda weird day/evening for Billi Pod. For whatever reason it took him longer than usual to write yesterday’s posting and that meant that he was delayed in doing his usual weekly errands and chores.

The weather was outstanding so he had conflicting emotions with one part of his self saying get out there and do some walking and wandering and the other part of his self saying that he had to finish his errands and stuff first. He struck a compromise that, unfortunately, had the effect of truncating both of his “desires.”

What does that mean? Well, it means that he didn’t have as much walking and wandering time as he wanted and he didn’t finish up all of the chores and errands.

Oh well ... but ... then for the evening ...

Billi Pod had planned to see a reading at 7:00pm down at the Abingdon Theatre Complex but at the last minute he decided that he didn’t want to do it, so he ... gasp ... gave himself the evening off.

Yes, my loyal and faithful readers, Billi Pod opted to stay in PHC on a Monday evening in The Big Apple. I beg you not to forward copies of this posting to Mayor Mike’s Entertainment Police.

Oh, Gawd ... the next part is sooooooo difficult to write about ... but ... in the name of fair and unbiased reporting I have to admit that Billi Pod turned on the tube and watched ... Oh God help me ... 

THE O’REILLY FACTOR. 

Yes, Billi Pod watched the entire one-hour long show. OMFG!!

I have no clue why this happened. I felt as if I was possessed by some demonic fiend because I couldn’t move, couldn’t change channels and just sat there for the full hour of nothing but puke-inducing right-wing bullshit.

When that journey into Hell was over I was able to change channels and then I finally did something that I wanted to do, and that was to watch a movie I had missed when it was first released ...

KICK-ASS - “When teenage geek Dave Lizewski decides to become a superhero even though he has no powers whatsoever he becomes an overnight Internet celebrity, not reckoning on meeting a couple of real vigilantes in the form of a vengeance obsessed ex-cop and his daughter.”

Yes, it is profane, outlandish, ultra-violent, shocking, funny and wildly entertaining. Blood-splattering to the nth degree. I loved every minute of it because it is Billi Pod’s kind of humor.

OK, enough about my weird yesterday ... what about today ... well ...

Tonight will be the first of 3 consecutive classical music concerts ...

7:30==>CHAMBER MUSIC SOCIETY OF LINCOLN CENTER @ Alice Tully Hall - The program is: Mozart - Quartet for Piano, Violin, Viola and Cello;
Adolphe (who??) - Concerto for Cello and Percussion;
Mozart - Trio for Clarinet, Viola and Piano; and,
Mackey (who??) - Micro-Concerto for Percussion, Flute, Clarinet, Violin and Cello
(complimentary ticket)

My plans are to head out to Lincoln Center a bit early so I can do some walking in the underground areas.

OMFG!! I just reread the draft of this posting and it is sooooooooooo f-ing boring. I won’t prolong your agony so ...

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>4.27 miles (or, 9,339 steps)

Total mileage since 7/1/12==>723.78

Mileage remaining until 4/23/13==>355.22

GO GATORS!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: