Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Monday==>Kinda Strange


Good morning to all of my loyal and faithful readers and followers.

Wow!! Monday was a kinda "strange" day. What am I talking about I know you are breathlessly asking your inner selves? 

Well, selves, it went down like this ...

First of all was the rather early morning “finger-up-the-butt” appointment with my urologist, which had a favorable result, as most of you know from yesterday’s posting.

I have to admit, in the name of fair and unbiased reporting, that these so-called “routine” appointments are none-the-less pretty stressful, at least for me.

When I got back to PHC and finished the posting I suddenly felt emotionally drained and I ... gasp ... OMFG! ... I napped for almost 90 minutes on the couch in the living room. As you know, Billi Pod just isn’t a napper

WTF??

Just chilled in the apartment, had the usual fruit and cheese plate and then ...

When it was time to head out for my show downtown in Chelsea I had trouble getting the elevator button to respond. WTF?? I kept pushing the down button (the only button since I am on the top floor) and nothing happened.

I thought I might have to walk down the 41 flights when the elevator door opened and one of the doormen said for me to get in. Strange. I did and he informed me that there was a problem in the computer system that operates the elevators and as soon as we got down to the first floor all three of the elevators would be taken out of service. Wow!! 

Not the best beginning for my evening's entertainment event.

Anyway, I then headed out to my show and spent about 45 minutes just walking back and forth in the 14th Street subway station. The station stretches from 14th Street up to 16th Street, so it has some decent walking space, although ... boring boring boring.

I am getting a bit worried because I find that I am using the phrase “boring boring boring” more and more often in describing my walking sessions. This ain’t a good sign because the cold weather has just begun.

Anyway, my show was good and my report card is below. I have to admit that the thought of possibly having to walk up 41 flights of steps back to PHC kept entering my head.

It was about 10:15pm when I got back to the apartment building and ... Thank You God ... all three of the elevators were back in operation. Whew and double Whew!!

So there you have it==> “finger-up-the-butt,” napping, and elevator problems = a strange day.

Moving on to Billi Pod’s report card on ...

WHAT RHYMES WITH AMERICA, a drama about an estranged father and his teenage daughter in crisis  - life is unraveling for him and is entirely uncertain for her==>A

Excellent acting from a stellar cast, especially Aimee Carrero in the role of the daughter Marlene.

The staging was interesting and the story line was involving. The running time is 80 minutes, without intermission.

Billi Pod says==>see it!

Oh, they did an outstanding job in refurbishing the Atlantic Theater venue, located on West 20th Street.

Today’s entertainment event is ... 

7:30==>NEW YORK PHILHARMONIC @ Avery Fisher Hall - The program is: 
Mendelssohn - “Son and Stranger;”
Shostakovich - Violin Concerto No. 1; and,
Dvorak - Symphony No. 9 “From the New World”
(season subscription series)

I am really looking forward to this concert because “From the New World” ranks in the Top-5 of Billi Pod’s favorite symphonies.

I will, of course, head out to Lincoln Center early for some walking time in the underground areas. Boring??

In response to several texts and emails ... yes ... I do have plans for Thanksgiving Day ... and they are ...

At 1:00pm I will head up to the Upper Westside, 72nd Street to be precise, for Thanksgiving Dinner with some of my AA buddies. This will be the 4th consecutive year we have been together for this festive event. Really looking forward to it.

Moving on ...

In the name of more fair and unbiased reporting Billi Pod must make the following observation(s) about Saturday’s GATOR/HALF ASS U game at Choke Campbell Stadium ... 

Grinding out a win on Saturday will be more difficult than ever because ... gasp ... The Semiholes lead the nation with 7.27 yards gained per offensive play and only 3.67 yards allowed per defensive play.

Yes, think about how crazy that is for a second. Per play, they are the nation’s No. 1 team on both sides of the ball. BOTH SIDES!!

Yep, it could be a long long frustrating afternoon for The Gators.

On this happy note will post this and then do a couple of leftover errands, like going to the grocery store etc etc.

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>5.49 miles (or, 12,007 steps)

Total mileage since 7/1/12==>764.64

Mileage remaining until 4/23/13==>314.36

GO GATORS!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”


No comments: